My Guide Website?
Delphi Archaeological Site Full-Day Guided Trip
, Athens https://www.myguideathens.com/events/delphi-archaeological-site-full-day-guided-trip
From Athens: Delphi Archaeological Site Full-Day Guided Trip
- Go back in time to Ancient Greece at the Delphi Archaeological Site
- Admire masterpieces like the Siphnian Treasury and Statue of Antinous
- See the Temple of Apollo, Sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, and more
- Enjoy a tour with a licensed guide in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Stop in Arachova and enjoy free time to explore and try local food
DescriptionEmbark on an unforgettable guided day trip from Athens to Delphi, the navel of the ancient Greek world. Visit the Delphi Archeological Site and museum. See the Temple of Apollo, the Sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, and more. Later, enjoy some free time to explore a scenic village. The morning of your trip, meet your licensed tour guide and depart in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle. The drive takes about 2.5 hours going each way, so sit back and enjoy the passing scenery as you pass through the Boeotia plains. As you travel, immerse yourself in Ancient Greece as your guide tells tales about ancient Greek mythology, King Oedipus, God Apollo, and more. During a guided tour through the archaeological site, see some of the most important and unique archaeological monuments, such as the Temple of Apollo and its oracle, the Athenian Stoa, and the Polygonal Wall. Later, visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi (entry fees paid on site), which hosts globally known pieces of art like the Sphinx of Naxos, the Statue of Antinous, the Siphnian Treasury, and the Charioteer of Delphi. After visiting Delphi, hop back on the bus to the multicolored village of Arachova, built on the mountainside. Take free time to arrange lunch at a traditional taverna (costs not included). Stroll around the village’s narrow alleys, enter some artisanal shops for local delicacies, and admire the hand-woven carpets. In the late afternoon, depart for your return to Athens on another 2.5-hour drive.
IncludesRoundtrip transportation Licensed tour guide WiFi on board Headsets to hear the guide Delphi Archaeological Site and museum entry fees (if option with skip-the-line tickets selected)
- The tour will take place rain or shine Please note that if you choose the option without the entrance tickets included, you can purchase them online at the following link https://etickets.tap.gr/webengines/tap_b2c/english/tap.exe?PM=P1
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€79.00Buy Tickets!