My Guide Website?
Acropolis: Evening Tour With a German-Speaking Guide149 Reviews
See the Acropolis under the light of the setting sun on a small-group walking tour with optional skip-the-line entry.
- Enjoy the majestic views over Athens from the top of the Acropolis
- Walk on the hill of the Acropolis with a German-speaking licensed guide
- Learn about the Parthenon, the most important temple of ancient Greece
- Let the knowledgeable local guide provide you with insightful commentary
- Skip the line to enter the site with a prebooked ticket and take your time later to explore the monuments on your own (optional)
DescriptionMeet your licensed guide, an experienced archaeologist, and walk to the Acropolis, one of the most important collections of ancient buildings in the world. Learn about the history of the hilltop, with evidence of habitation stretching back over 6,000 years. Explore the construction of its most famous buildings, including the venerable Parthenon, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Porch of the Caryatids at the Erechtheion, and the gateway to the Propylaea. As the sun sinks into the gulf, the twilight illuminates these ancient buildings in a timeless glow that conjures the spirit of 2,500 years of history. Admire the Theater of Dionysus, the first theater of human civilization, and the healing Temple of Asclepius. Listen as your guide talks about the importance of this place to classical civilization in the western hemisphere.
IncludesGuided tour of Acropolis in German Option for a pre-booked skip-the-line ticket
- You have two options: either pre-book a skip-the-line ticket or bring cash and pay for the ticket on site
- The tour requires some walking uphill on slippery surfaces so please wear appropriate shoes and bring water