My Guide Website?
Acropolis Museum Alternative Small Group Tour10 Reviews
Explore the private and public lives of ancient Athenians by decoding the hidden messages contained within the artifacts they left behind, messages that reveal the secrets of their great long-vanished city. Experience an alternative guided tour in Athens.
- Visit one of the world's ten best museums (according to the National Geographic)
- Participate in enjoyable fun activities, like solving riddles, and have an entertaining yet educational experience
- Learn about important insights from ancient Athens and about how these link to the present times
- Explore the lives of ancient Athenians by decoding the hidden messages contained within the artifacts they left behind
- Enjoy an experience driven by stories with a specially trained guide
DescriptionThe Acropolis Museum is one of the world's most important museums, filled with a vast collection of beautiful objects from thousands of years ago, world-famous for its stunning Parthenon Marbles and the excellent way they're displayed. On this tour, you'll discover that it's also home to two Athenians from the Golden Age of Athens, whose everyday lives you'll explore as you move through the exhibits. Their personal stories are hidden in the artifacts you'll encounter at the museum. Each item has a story to tell, and the meanings can be interpreted to the present day, if you can work them out by solving fun riddles, for example. Your expert guide will be there to lead the way through the different galleries and connect the past to the present through a series of fun activities, letting you discover more about what ancient life was really like. As you solve the riddles and take part in the activities, you'll learn about Ancient Greek history and culture. When you've finished this museum adventure, you'll know what made this ancient city so special, and understand the modern relevance of its crowning glory, the Acropolis. In the end, the ancient world will have taken on a whole new meaning for you.
IncludesLicensed/expert guide Guided tour in the museum Customized illustrated Acropolis postcard Entry fees (April - October €10, November- March €5) Food or drinks
- Wireless tour guide systems will be provided. Receivers are thoroughly sanitized between use and all earpieces are single-use
- Taking photos is permitted only in specific areas of the museum
- On the 2nd floor of the museum there is a cosy cafe with a spectacular view to the Acropolis
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now