Ancient Greek Flavors Private Food Tour
Get an authentic taste of ancient Greece on a special food walk. Travel through the gastronomical wisdom of the ancient Greeks to modern-day flavors that have survived thousands of years.
- Enjoy a private walking tour to the city’s most authentic neighborhoods
- Visit the city’s central food market
- Discover unique specialty food stores
- Gain an insight into ancient Greek gastronomy
- Taste unique flavors that survive since antiquity
DescriptionGet an authentic taste of ancient Greece in this special food tour that will travel you in the gastronomical wisdom of ancient times through flavors that have survived over thousands of years. The ancient Greek nutrition was characterized by its balance, as it included a rich variety of grains, fruits, vegetables and meat. Try the unique food tour and explore the streets of Athens while tasting appetizing treats that ancient Greeks used to enjoy. In the company of your specialized food-wise guide, you will learn a lot about the ancient Greek nutrition standards and the social and philosophical ideas that underlined them. You will taste flavors that have been around for thousands of years, while exploring the vibrant Athenian streets.
IncludesHotel pickup (for hotels within walking distance from the tour’s location) Sampling of local beverages and delicacies Private services of a food-wise ‘Insider’ All taxes Guided tour and entry fees to any archaeological site Hotel drop-off Personal expenses
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes. Don’t forget to bring lots of energy • Prices vary according to group size • Should you want to change your private itinerary, please do not hesitate to contact the local partner • Please note that on Sundays and on public holidays some elements of the tour might be unavailable (i.e. the central food market)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now