Athens 6-Hour Guided Tour with Transfers1 Reviews
Explore Athens on a 6-hour tour designed for cruise travelers and other visitors who want to spend some of their time shopping and dining. See the Acropolis and other important sites in the city, and shop and enjoy Greek cuisine in the Plaka.
- Explore the Acropolis site and see its impressive monuments
- Visit the Acropolis Museum, considered the 5th-best museum in the world
- Browse the markets in Monastiraki and stop for lunch in Plaka
DescriptionOn this 6-hour Athens tour you’ll have time to experience Greek hospitality, marvel at the ancient monuments of the Acropolis, enjoy some traditional Greek food, and do some shopping. Visit the majestic Acropolis and its ancient monuments, including the Propylae, the Erechtheion, the reconstructed temple of Nike, and of course the Parthenon, which was dedicated to Goddess Athena. Explore the new Acropolis Museum, which is said to be the world’s 5th-best museum. Stop to have a cup of coffee as you take in the Acropolis views. See the ruins of the Temple of Zeus, which in ancient times was the largest temple in Greece. Visit the Panathenaiko Stadium, where the first modern Olympics were held in 1896. Go on a bit of a run inside the stadium, following in the footsteps of marathon runners, and find the seat of Pierre de Coubertain, the father of the modern Olympic Games. Take in the views of Athens from Mount Lycabettus and watch the changing of the Royal Guards at the Parliament. Pass by the Presidential Palace and the prime minister’s house. Admire Neoclassic buildings such as Athens University, the Numismatic Museum, the National Library, the Cycladic Museum, and the Byzantine Museum. Visit the flea markets in Monastiraki. Explore Plaka's souvenir shops and choose a restaurant for lunch where you can enjoy traditional Greek food.
IncludesPick-up and drop-off at Athens hotels or the port of Piraeus, in a deluxe air-conditioned vehicle Bottled water Wi-Fi Entrance fees Lunch and drinks Gratuities Licensed guide
- Please note the following:
- The Acropolis Museum is open from 08:00-20:00. Tickets cost EUR 5.00.
- The Acropolis is open from 08:00-19:00 in the summer, and from 08:30-15:00 during the winter season (1 November to 31 March).
- An Acropolis multi-ticket costs EUR 12.00 and includes entrance to the Temple of Zeus, Ancient Agora, Roman Forum, Kerameikos, and the Theater of Dionysos.
- All sites and museums are closed on 1 January, 25 March, 1 May, 28 October, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. Sites are open from 12:00-15:00 on Good Friday and on Holy Saturday from 08:30-15:00. Sites are closed on Easter Sunday and open on Easter Monday from 08:30-15:00.
- During the summer, it’s best to wear light clothing and to avoid dark colors. As the Acropolis can be very slippery, athletic shoes are recommended.
- You can purchase tax-free items during your shopping trip.
- The order of visits may be changed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Note that the driver cannot escort you inside sites.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability