My Guide Website?
Athens: Acropolis and Acropolis Museum Guided Tour100 Reviews
Travel back to ancient times with an archaeologist leading the way, hearing tales that bring the Greece of antiquity to life as you visit the monuments of the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum.
- Explore Greece's ancient sites with an archaeologist
- Visit the hilltop monuments of the Acropolis, including the Parthenon
- Admire Athens' breathtaking skyline from the top of the Acropolis
- Get insight into the daily life of Greek civilians at the Acropolis Museum
- Discover the well-preserved marble columns of the Temple of Hephaestus
DescriptionMeet your private guide, an experienced archeologist, and then start your unique combination of a tour. Enter from the south slope of the acropolis and set off on your leisurely walking tour of some of the world’s finest monuments. Along the way, listen as your guide shares knowledgeable insight of the citadel’s ruins including excavation details. Visit the Theater of Dionysus — an amphitheater that is arguably the birthplace of performing arts. Perch yourself on one of the stone seats to imagine the sights and sounds experienced by ancient theatergoers who came to watch plays by Greek writers Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides. Also pass the Odeon of Herodes Atticus; the theater is still used today during the Athens Festival from May to October. Find peace and quiet at an asclepius — a healing temple that honored the god of medicine Asclepius, before continuing to one of the most recognized buildings on the planet: the Parthenon. Meander around the perimeter of the temple to learn more about how it was constructed for the goddess Athena. Once you familiarize yourself with the site's classical architecture, head indoors to the New Acropolis Museum for a brief break and refreshments (at own expense) in the cafe. Ranked one of the top five museums in the world, the New Acropolis Museum boasts collections of statues and other relics of everyday life in several galleries. In the Gallery of the Slopes of the Acropolis, the glass floor occasionally reveals an archeological excavation site.
IncludesWalking tour of the Acropolis Walking tour of the Acropolis Museum (depending on option selected) Entrance fees (depending on option selected) English-speaking guide Entrance fees (depending on option selected)
- Please preorder your tickets. In case you do not have your entrance tickets, they will be purchased from your guide
- Please note, the Acropolis tour lasts 2 hours. If you select to extend this tour to include the Acropolis museum it will last 4 hours
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now