My Guide Website?
Athens: Acropolis and Acropolis Museum Tour
Enjoy a combined tour of the world-famous Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum in Athens. Discover mindblowing temples and monuments built ages ago, then learn about their history in the new museum.
- Take a trip through multiple centuries of the evolution of Athens' Acropolis
- Discover the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Listen to insightful commentary and learn about the Acropolis' rich heritage
- Gaze at authentic artifacts as you tour the galleries of the Acropolis Museum
- See the remains of an ancient neighborhood and part of the Parthenon's friezes
DescriptionBe transported back to the golden days of Ancient Greece on a tour of the outstanding Acropolis. Stroll among its intricate buildings as you learn interesting legends about their origins. Acquire even deeper knowledge of the site with a guided visit to the new Acropolis Museum. Meet your guide on the southeast side of the Acropolis and avoid the crowds at the main entrance. Step inside to see the famous Parthenon and the Propylaea. Be impressed by the Erechtheion and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, then admire the carvings of the Caryatids and the Temple of Athena Nike. Have some free time to explore on your own and snap some photos before meeting your guide at the museum for the second part of the tour. Enter the brand-new building to gaze at the sculptural remains found in the archaeological campaigns carried out in the Acropolis and its southern slope. Observe the original Caryatids, an ornate window of the Erechtheion, and the pediment of the first temple dedicated to Athena. Find the parts of the Parthenon friezes that have been brought back to Greece and allow your guide to unravel the mysteries of each exquisite piece before your tour ends.
- All customers must purchase their tickets to the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum before the tour.