My Guide Website?
Athens: Acropolis and Museum Guided Tour82 Reviews
Skip the long lines to the Athens Acropolis and explore the fascinating world of Ancient Greece on a 3-hour walking tour that includes a visit to the Acropolis Museum with a licensed guide.
- Skip the long lines to the Athens Acropolis
- Visit famous monuments, such as the Parthenon and Temple of Athena Nike
- Take in the breathtaking views of Athens from the summit of the Acropolis
- Enjoy a 1.5-hour guided tour of the Acropolis Museum
- Explore the collections of the Acropolis Museum at leisure
DescriptionEnjoy a leisurely stroll to the foothills of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Acropolis of Athens, an ancient citadel and one of the world’s most revealing archaeological sites. Head for the south slope of the Acropolis to avoid the main crowds. Then, pay your entrance fee and make your way inside to see the bounty of ancient treasures that await. Along the way, visit the Theatre of Dionysus, a 5th-century amphitheater that is often cited as the birthplace of the performing arts. Hear about its history and imagine it filled with the theatergoers of Ancient Greece. Stop at the Dionysus Sanctuary, dedicated to the Greek god of wine and fertility. Once inside the Acropolis, get up-close to important sights, such as the Propylaea gateway, Erechtheion, Temple of Athena Nike, and Parthenon. Pause to take photos of these fascinating ruins, and learn their history from your guide. Once at the summit of the sacred hill, take in the sweeping panoramas of Athens. Learn about the excavations, and get an insight into the citadel’s ruins. Hear about surrounding monuments, such as Mars Hill, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, and the ancient Agora, once the heart of Athens. Continue on to the New Acropolis Museum, now ranked as one of the top 5 museums in the world. See the highlights of the impressive collection of statues and relics. Go to the Gallery of the Slopes of the Acropolis, where the glass floors reveal excavation sites. End your tour inside the museum, leaving you free to explore its exhibits further should you wish.
IncludesLocal, licensed guide 1,5 hours of a guided tour on the Acropolis 1 hour of a guided tour on the Acropolis Museum Athens guide magazine Athens map
- The tour takes place rain or shine
- While at Fresko Yogurt Bar Acropoli, you can enjoy a fresh Greek yogurt with honey or spoon sweet, the right refreshment before going up to the Acropolis
- Make sure to bring euros. Entrance tickets will be bought for you in advance so you can avoid queuing
- If you are a student or teenager, have your ID or student card ready to show to the office representative to be entitled to reduced entrance fees
- Baby strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis archaeological site and there is no cloakroom at the entrance used on this tour