My Guide Website?
Athens: Acropolis Guided Walking Tour without Entry Ticket93 Reviews
Discover Ancient Greece and visit the Acropolis, an ancient citadel above Athens. See the temple of Asclepius and the impressive Odeon of Herodes Atticus with your guide and hear about the history and mythology on this guided walking tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Be transported back in time to ancient Greece as you visit the Acropolis of Athens
- Admire incredible theaters and temples like the theater of Dionysus and the Athena Nike temple
- Take advantage of the small group and have the chance to ask your guide questions
- Learn about Greek gods and the fascinating mythology that is based on the archaeological site
- Walk through the Propylaea, the gateway into the rocky citadel and gaze at Caryatides
DescriptionExplore the Acropolis of Athens, the site of the most celebrated Greek myths and significant religious festivals of ancient Athens with a guide. Gaze at the temple of Parthenon and the Propylaea, a monumental gateway into the Acropolis. Walk through the Acropolis dedicated to Athena, the goddess protector of the city. Learn about the long history of the capital of modern Greece. Visit the theater of Dionysus which holds 17,000 spectators and was used to host festivals honoring the birth of the Greek god. Be impressed by the Erechtheion, named after the demi-god Erechtheus and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, a giant stone theater. Enjoy commentary from your guide about the ancient greek myths behind the ruins. Take a look at the Caryatid stone carvings and the Temple of Athena Nike, the smallest temple. After your tour, have free time to stay longer and explore the outstanding site at your own pace.
IncludesGuided tour of the Acropolis Licensed guide
- This tour requires walking uphill and on uneven surfaces. Tickets to the site must be purchased beforehand. Regular tickets can be purchased online but all free or discounted tickets can only be purchased in person at the ticket office. Even if you benefit from free admission, it is necessary to have the physical ticket that is only given at the ticket office. If you do the tour at 8:15, we recommend being in the ticket office area of the south entrance around 7:45 a.m. so that when they open to the public (at 8:00 a.m.) you can get them quickly before having a longer queue. Once the tickets are given to you, you must go to the meeting point, which is less than a 2-minute walk from the ticket office. Ticket office location: https://goo.gl/maps/2NrUQSAh2ww5XZxG6 Meeting point location: https://goo.gl/maps/84CxmmK2pvrSsRrU9 If you have discount or free entrance, we recomend you do the tours at 8:15 or 17:00 (depends on availability) because ticket office will be less crowded.