My Guide Website?
Athens: Acropolis & Mythology Guided Tour without Tickets41 Reviews
Explore the famous Acropolis of Athens on a guided tour. Admire its many monuments and ancient buildings and learn how the site has influenced cultures and civilizations right up to the present day.
- See the iconic monuments of the Acropolis of Athens on a guided tour
- Admire the stunning architectural features of the Parthenon
- Hear fantastic tales of Greek mythology that have inspired writers and artists
- Discover why the Hill of Pynx is said to be birthplace of democracy
- Take in the views of the entire city from the Acropolis
DescriptionDiscover the cradle of Western civilization on a guided visit to the Acropolis of Athens. Let your local guide captivate you with the most wondrous tales of Greek mythology as you explore this iconic site. Be inspired by ancient monuments coming to life, acquiring newfound context and meaning. First, you will discover the Hill of Pnyx and learn why it is the birthplace of the democratic governing system and the power of the majority. Gain insight into the significance of the historic monuments such as the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, and the Propylaea. Admire the stunning architecture of the Parthenon Temple, understand the importance of the Erechtheion Temple, and listen to the vivid myths of ancient Athens. Dive into ancient Greek mythology and hear tales of love, revenge, infidelity, and passion. Learn about the origin of words like panic and pandemic, and names like Europe, Athens, or Daphne. Be amazed by their true significance, and the marvelous legends associated with them. From the Acropolis, admire the views of the city and see other landmarks worth exploring. Have your guide point out other historic points of interest including Mars Hill, the Panathenaic Stadium, the Zappeion Hall, the Temple of Zeus, and the Anafiotika neighborhood.
IncludesLocal, licensed guide Skip-the-line entry to the Acropolis Athens guide and map
- The tour will take place in all weather conditions.
- Entrance fees are not included and must be paid on site. The cost is about €20 per person. Your guide will purchase the skip-the-line entry tickets in advance to save you time
- Those under 18 years old get free entry to the Acropolis and all archaeological sites on presentation of valid ID. Students and teenagers get a reduced price with a valid ID or student card
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€56.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today