My Guide Website?
Athens: Agora, Plaka & Monastiraki Private Tour1 Reviews
Enjoy a stroll in the city and the Ancient Agora, the cradle of democracy, on this 3-hour guided tour with an expert.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Athens: 4-Days Classical Tour with Meteora
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- From Athens: Hydra, Poros, and Aegina Day Cruise with Lunch
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- From Athens: Delphi Archaeological Site Full-Day Guided Trip
- Visit the Temple of Hephaestus and the Ancient Agora
- Walk in the city flea market
- Visit the cathedral of Athens and the Hadrian's Library
- Feel the pulse of the city and learn about the local culture
DescriptionMeet your expert private guide in Syntagma square and start your tour. Walking along Mitropoleos Street, arrive at the Metropolis Athens Cathedral which marks the borders to the Old Town of Athens, the Plaka. Follow your guide through Plaka’s alleys to discover its treasures one by one. See the Roman Forum, the Tower of the Winds, the Metresse, Hadrian’s Library and Tzistarakis Mosque. Continue to Monastiraki Square and to the busy and colorful Flea Market, and Avyssinias square with the antique dealers. At the Ancient Agora, see where ancient Greeks used to trade and gather to discuss city matters, creating the concept of democracy. See the South Stoa, the Tholos, the Monument of the Eponymous Heroes, the Altar of the Twelve Gods, the Temple of Hephaestus, and much more. Visit the beautiful Agora Museum in the Attalos Stoa, and see a rich selection of artifacts used in the daily life of the Athenians.
IncludesLocal licensed guide Private tour Athens Guide magazine Athens map
- Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a hat and a bottle of water
- Bring a sweater if you are visiting in the early spring or autumn
- Entrance fees are not included; the Acropolis, the Temple of Zeus and the Acropolis Museum tickets cost €8 for adults and €4 for students
- The tour duration is 3 hours, which includes around 40 minutes of walking, the distance covered is around 1.5 miles, with many stops in shady corners
- The walking pace is moderate and suitable for everyone
- The tour is conducted in English (unless another language is agreed upon)
- There are restrooms along the route.