My Guide Website?
Athens: Ancient Agora Pre-Booked E-Ticket with Audio Tour13 Reviews
Enjoy a hassle-free visit to the Ancient Agora, one of the most dynamic attractions of Athens, provided by a pre-booked e-ticket combined with a self-guided audio tour on your smartphone.
- Enter the Ancient Agora with your pre-booked e-ticket
- Enjoy a self-guided audio tour on your Android or iOS smartphone
- Download, before your visit, the audio tour on your smartphone and follow the riveting journey of the evolution of Athenian democracy
- Explore the most dynamic attractions of classical Athens, including the Museum of the Ancient Agora, Mars Hill, the Pnyx and the Prison of Socrates
- Immerse yourself into the world of classical Athens and listen to the story of the first democratic citizens in world history
DescriptionNo trip to Athens could be complete without a visit to the Ancient Agora! Make the most of your visit with a fast-track e-ticket and waltz in this unique site with a fascinating audio tour on your phone. Download the tour on your smartphone and follow, at your own pace, the riveting journey of the evolution of Athenian democracy as you enjoy a visit to the most dynamic archaeological site of Athens. Your tour begins with a comprehensive introduction to the chain of events that made democracy possible in ancient Athens. At the foot of the hill where the temple of Hephaestus still stands radiant, you’ll learn about Solon, whose legal reforms paved the way for the formation of the earliest civil society in world history. Just uphill from the Tholos, take a glimpse of the ruined Bouleuterion, where 500 Athenians met daily to draw up laws and proposals presented to the city’s popular assembly. As you continue your walk, anecdotal stories from the lives of bright Athenian personalities, such as Aristides the Just and glorious Pericles, will come alive through the original and fun content of your expertly designed audio guide. The exhibits in the Museum of the Agora are bound to fascinate you, providing a rich pool of information on the ingenious, yet at times cruel, methods used by the Athenians to defend their democracy from any malign influence. Enjoy picture-postcard vistas to the Acropolis from the hill of Pnyx and the Rock of Ares, while later as you ascend on the hill of Philopappos, you’ll discover the prison of Socrates and gain some important insights into the life and death of the great Athenian philosopher. Your tour ends within easy reach of the Acropolis archaeological site, in front of the theatre of Dionysus, where you’ll marvel at the oldest theatre of the world and the actual place where the tragedies of Aeschylus, Sophocles, and Euripides were once staged.
IncludesAdult e-ticket for the Ancient Agora Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- After booking, you’ll receive a separate email from the local partner with your e-ticket and instructions for the audio tour (check your spam folder too)
- Prior to your visit, download your e-ticket and the audio tour on your smartphone to use them offline
- Skip the ticket line and proceed to the validating machines. Tickets need to be printed or downloaded on your phone. GetYourGuide vouchers are not accepted at the entrance, you should have the e-ticket at a separate email.
- EU Students & minors can enter for free with their ID or passport. It is required for them to queue to receive their zero-value pass
- Non-EU Students & participants over 65 years old are entitled to reduced tickets but they will need to queue at the ticket office
- Some points of interest are not wheelchair accessible
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, or the iPad Mini 1st generation.