My Guide Website?
Athens: Ancient Highlights Self-Guided Scavenger Hunt & Tour22 Reviews
See the major sights of Athens while solving interesting riddles on your smartphone. Learn interesting facts about the city as you go.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Athens at your own pace and take special photos
- Learn interesting information about the city and the attractions
- Solve riddles and decipher clues to unlock each location
- Enjoy a variety of language choices to play your game in
DescriptionGet to know Athens at your own pace on this interactive scavenger hunt walking tour played on your phone. Decipher riddles, interact with the most important attractions of the city, and unlock interesting facts and legends. An ideal outdoor activity for first time visitors, couples, groups, families, and children. Can be used as a great team-building activity. To get started, simply download the app and start the game at a time that's convenient to you. At each stop, learn about the attraction and solve a location-based riddle that can only be solved if you reach the specific location. Use logic, imagination, observation, and team spirit to unlock the correct code and reveal the next destination of the city sightseeing game. Head over to the first location to begin the game and work your way through the streets of Athens. As you explore, answer riddles at each place to unlock the next location. Use the app to help you navigate between attractions. Anywhere along the tour route, choose to pause the app at any time to take a break or spend some more time to fully take in the sights. By the end of your adventure, you'll have learned about the ancient city of Athens and some of the most memorable attractions of the city. Start your tour from the monument of the Unknown Soldier, a monument with huge symbolism for Hellenism! Visit Kapnikarea church with its strange name and many stories about its name, and explore Monastiraki Square, the center of Athens with its wonderful church and unique view. Photograph the Library of Pantainos with its unique aesthetics and admire the Arion ice with the unique ancient history it carries. Then the world-famous Herodus Atticus Odeon awaits you. Even the statue of the hero General Makrygiannis in a beautiful landscape will continue your beautiful journey in the heart of ancient Athens. Admire the Lysikrates monument. The church of Ragavas will enchant you, while the Tower of Andronikos will be the icing on the cake of this unique tour.
IncludesMobile app and login credentials Self-guided tour and smartphone game Navigation
- This activity requires internet access. Please download World City Trail app from App store (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/world-city-trail/id1627220764) or Playstore (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.worldcitytrail.app). Use your booking reference for serial number. (GYGXXXXXXXXX) Read carefully the information included in the blue field of the confirmation email of your purchase. Visit worldcitytrail.com/gyg/ if you need Login details. The ticket and the app from GetYourGuide are not needed for this activity. There is no time limit for this activity. You can complete it at your own pace. The puzzles are related to the outdoor areas of the attractions, you do not need to enter or pay a ticket. Entrance is purely your choice. Walking time: 41 min Walking distance: 3.2km Minimum charge of 2 persons applied