Athens and Corinth Full-Day Tour with Transfers18 Reviews
Spend a full day touring Athens and Corinth, 2 important cities that have had a significant impact on western civilization. Visit the monuments, learn about their history, and explore the museums that house artifacts from archaeological sites.
- Explore the Acropolis site and visit the Acropolis Museum
- See the Temple of Zeus, the largest temple of ancient Greece
- Visit the Corinth Museum and see the statues of Roman emperors
- Stand near the altar where St. Paul spoke about Christianity
DescriptionExperience a full-day tour which combines the 2 historical cities, Athens and Corinth. Visit the Acropolis which is symbol of democracy. See the Parthenon which is considered the most perfect building in the world. The Erechtheion became famous for its Karyatides, the Propylae, and the reconstructed Temple of Athena Nike. Continue to the Acropolis Museum which was recently voted the fifth best in the world. See the famous Arch of Roman Emperor Adrian and the Temple of Zeus which was the biggest in ancient world. Catch a panoramic view over Athens from Mount Lycabettus and take some beautiful pictures. Visit the Panathinaiko Stadium which hosted the first modern Olympics in 1896. Watch the changing of the guards at the Parliament. Tour around the city center and see some fantastic Neoclassic buildings such as the University of Athens, the Academy of Art and Sciences, and the National Library. See the residence of Sleiman, the Geman Archaeologist who found Troy. Afterwards, continue southwest to Corinth an make a short stop to see the Corinth Canal and the Diolkos which helped the Corinthians to pull the ships along. Arrive in ancient Corinth, where you can see ruins of 2 theaters, the Temple of Apollo, temples of the Roman period, and of course the altar where Saint Paul spoke to the Corinthians about the new religion. The Museum which hosts hundreds of artifacts from different periods is really interesting. After lunch (optional) you'll return back to Athens.
IncludesRound-trip transfers from your hotel, cruise ship, or other preferred Athens location English-speaking driver/guide Cold drinking water Mobile phone Wi-Fi Entrance fees Lunch Drinks Licensed guide
- Please note the following;
- The Acropolis Museum is open from 08:00-20:00. Tickets cost EUR 5.00.
- The Acropolis is open from 08:00-19:00 in the summer, and from 08:30-15:00 during the winter season (1 November-31 March).
- Acropolis multi-tickets cost EUR 12.00 and include admission to the Temple of Zeus, the Ancient Agora, the Roman Forum, Kerameikos, and the Theater of Dionysos. Corinth costs EUR 4.00. All sites and museums are closed on 1 January, 25 March, 1 May, 28 October, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. Sites are open from 12:00-15:00 on Good Friday; on Holy Saturday from 08:30-15:00; and are closed on Easter Sunday. On Easter Monday sites are open from 08:30-15:00.
- In the summer It’s best to wear light clothing and athletic shoes, and to avoid dark colors. Note that the Acropolis can be very slippery.
- You can purchase tax free items when shopping.
- The order of visits can change due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Note that the driver cannot escort you inside the sites.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability