My Guide Website?
Athens: Best Photographic Spots Self-Guided Audio Tour
Discover the best photographic areas of central Athens on a self-guided audio tour. Take shots of Zappeion Garden fountain, Philopappos Hill, and more with the magic of GPS playback.
- See Athens through a different lens and learn lesser-known tidbits
- Hear from producer Nick Boutsikos, a professional local photographer
- Do it all in an hour or linger at stops along the way
- Get unlimited use before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionSee Athens through a different lens on this walking tour produced by a professional photographer. Starting in front of the Monument to the Unknown Soldier and ending on Philopappos Hill, I’ll show you some of the best spots in the city to photograph, provide suggestions on how to frame your shots, and reveal lesser-known tidbits about Athens’ past and present. While you stroll through the centre of Athens, I’ll point out famous landmarks and sights like Hadrian’s Arch, the Acropolis Museum, and the Church of Saint Sophia. Having lived in Athens for the last 25 years, I decided to create this photo tour so I could share interesting angles on the city’s most photographic areas along with its ancient history. As a keen traveller, I understand how rewarding it can be to experience a city with a local guide. On this tour, allow me to show you: • The National Garden, once called ‘the Royal Garden’ in honour of Queen Amelia who, according to local lore, spent three hours a day taking care of it • How to photograph the Zappeion Garden fountain, Zappeion Hall, and Lycabettus Hill – all in a single frame • The statue of Lord Byron, an English poet, the nearby statue of Alexander the Great on his horse, and the Melina Mercouri Monument • One of the most beautiful streets in Athens, Dionysiou Areopagitou • Herodes Atticus Theatre, and the less popular Theatre of Dionysus where you’ll hear why Athenians almost never visit • Holy Church of Saint Demetrius Loumbardiaris, the city’s prettiest church Whether it’s your first time in Athens or you’re a curious local, this tour is a valuable introduction to some of the city’s most photogenic spots. Allow at least 1,5 hours for this walk, which will give you lots of time for photography. There are plenty of benches, cafes, restaurants and kiosks all along the route for a quick or lengthy stop.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap App for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€7.36Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today