My Guide Website?
Athens: Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon Sunset Tour2261 Reviews
Explore Greece's rich history with a half-day trip to Thorikos theater and Temple of Poseidon on Cape Sounion with an archeologist guide. Witness a stunning sunset over the Aegean Sea.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the world's oldest theater at Thorikos
- Visit the Temple of Poseidon one of the most important temples in Greece
- See the impressive panoramic view from the southeastern peak of Sounion
- Experience the breathtaking sunset over the Aegean Sea
DescriptionExperience a journey back in time with a guided tour from Athens to Cape Sounion. Discover the Temple of Poseidon on Cape Sounion, and admire the fantastic scenery of the area. Depart from Halandri Metro station and relax in a comfortable bus while learning about the mythology and history of the area. Stop at the ancient theater of Thorikos, the oldest preserved theater in the world, and admire the historic ancient silver mines of the region. Enjoy a delicious snack of coffee at the local restaurant before reaching Cape Sounion, where you will have approximately 2 hours to explore the breathtaking Temple of Poseidon. Take a leisurely stroll around the temple and enjoy the stunning views of the Aegean Sea as the sun sets, casting a golden glow over the crystal-clear waters. Capture the picturesque area of Sounion during this magical time, and witness the beauty of the temple as it is bathed in golden light. Before departing back to Athens, take in the stunning scenery and enjoy a peaceful moment at the temple. Return to Athens via Syntagma metro station, located in Syntagma Square, with memories of an unforgettable journey etched in your mind. Join us on this captivating tour and experience the beauty and history of Greece’s ancient landmarks.
IncludesRound-trip transportation to Thorikos Theatre, Cape Sounio and the Temple of Poseidon Archaeologist guide WiFi on the bus Basic travel insurance
- Entrance to the archaeological site is free for youths up to 18 years old and students inside the European Union
- Reduced entrance (50% off) is valid for European Union citizens aged over 65 and students of higher education institutes outside the European Union.
- In the winter season (1 November to 31 March) the general entrance fee to the archaeological site is €5
- Make sure to arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to tour departure
- Wear comfortable shoes to walk around the archaeological site of the Temple of Poseidon in Sounio