Athens: City & Streets Tour6 Reviews
Explore the birthplace of European culture with this relaxing 2-hour walking tour of Athens. Join a specialist local guide on a stroll through the historic center, past many of the city's cultural and architectural highlights.
- Explore the historic Plaka neighbourhood
- Be immersed in the aromas of the market at Monastiraki
- See the changing of the guard at the Parliament House
- Learn how to navigate the city so you can explore independently throughout your trip
DescriptionImmerse yourself in Athens’s atmospheric street life, exploring the historic neighborhoods around the Acropolis and picturesque Plaka district. Discover architectural and cultural highlights and find hidden nooks and treats known only to locals. See Syntagma station and the changing of the guards at the Parliament House. Stimulate the senses at Monastiraki's famous markets, where the aromas of fresh Greek food permeate the hustle and bustle. Marvel at the architectural wonders of the ancient world, and the winding streets steeped in history. Be sure to delve into your guide’s vast knowledge of Greek history and mythology, as well as great food recommendations and other local tips!
IncludesWalking tour with a professional local guide Shared group tour or private tour (depending on option booked) Entrance to museums or ticketed sites Food and drinks Transportation to and from the meeting point
- This tour does not go into any museums or ticketed ancient sites
- Maximum of 8 people on the tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability