My Guide Website?
Athens: Family-Friendly Ancient Greek Games Experience
Play like an Ancient Greek in the Athens National Garden with this educational experience. Learn about childhood in ancient Athens and Sparta and play 5 games with the help of a game facilitator.
- Have fun and a great deal of laughs while playing 5 children's games
- Visit the National Garden of Greece, an oasis right in the city center
- Learn about the past in an interactive way with photos and replicas
- Take home a commemorative gift to remember your experience with
- Explore the unique flora of the Gardens of Athens with the included map
DescriptionEnjoy a unique family experience for children aged 5-12 that revives the joyful aspects of Ancient Greek culture. Discover the past in a fun way by playing games with replicas of ancient toys and with the leadership of a museum educator. Each family takes home a gift at the end of the experience. Meet your game facilitator at the National Botanical Garden of Athens and settle in under shaded trees to discuss interesting facts about education and childhood in ancient Greece. Compare Athens with Sparta, the two major cities of the Classical world. Discover the patron gods of play, the toys used in the past and the materials they were made from. Hear about the children's games of antiquity through real objects, photographs, and interactive dialogue. Get the family together to play 5 ancient Greek games using exclusive replicas of ancient objects. At the end of the activity you will receive a wonderful gift and a map of the Garden of Athens so you can go on a self-guided tour after the end of your games.
IncludesGame facilitator Commemorative gift (one per family) Map of the National Garden
- The game difficulty level is customized to the age of the children and this activity is suitable for kids aged 5-12
- This is an outdoor experience, so it requires good weather and in case of poor weather, you will be notified at least 3 hours ahead, and will be offered the option to choose between a different date or a full refund
- Replicas of the ancient toys are made by Thetis Authentics Ltd and George Sagonas
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€175.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today