Athens: Food Tour with Market Visit and Traditional Lunch
Discover authentic Greek cuisine on this food and market tour in Athens. Mingle with the locals as they do their daily shopping, taste typical Greek snacks, enjoy lunch in a charming taverna, and sample Greek liquor at a family-owned distillery.
- Discover the flavors of authentic Greek cuisine on this guided tour
- Mingle with the locals as you explore Athens Central Municipal Market
- Visit one of the oldest family-owned distilleries in Greece and taste their products
- Enjoy an authentic Greek lunch made with fresh ingredients right from the food market
- Taste a selection of traditional snacks including Kalamata olives
DescriptionMeet your friendly guide then set out on your food-lovers adventure around some of Athen’s culinary hotspots. On the tour, discover the beating heart of the city as you wander around local markets, stop at beloved tavernas, and visit hidden gem eateries. The first stop is a popular food market, bursting with sights and smells to ignite the senses. Mingle with the locals going about their daily shipping as you learn about regional ingredients and soak up the hustle and bustle of this community hub. Make a few stops at various local stores and sellers next where you can taste a variety of traditional Greek snacks including Kalamata olives and pistachio nuts from Aegina Island. Once you’ve worked up a bit of an appetite from your exploration, dine on an authentic lunch at a charming taverna complete with Greek wine. End the day with a visit to a family-owned distillery that was founded in 1897. Enjoy a tasting session of the distillery’s best spirits, including Mastiha liquor and the world-famous Ouzo.
IncludesLunch Snacks Drinks Transfers Gratuities
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now