My Guide Website?
Athens: Foodie Walking Tour with Lunch3 Reviews
Discover Athens on a guided private or small-group tour of the city's food market district with 20 different food tastings. Savor local delicacies and hear interesting stories from your local guide.
- Discover the very best local delicacies that Athens has to offer
- Start your day with a Greek breakfast of delicious pies and coffee
- Sample Greek cheese, olives and cold cuts paired with local wines and spirits
- Enjoy a lunch of Greek-style tapas followed by local dessert
- Taste a variety of local honey from across Greece
- Savor Greek yoghurt with sweet cherries
DescriptionSkip breakfast and join your guide with an empty stomach as you set out on a foodie adventure in the food market district of Athens. Benefit from a small group size and enjoy a personalized, flexible, and safe experience. The first stop on your food tasting tour is a local bakery. Sample delicious spanakopita and learn how traditional Bougatsa is made. Watch Greek coffee being made on hot sand, a ritual dating back to the Middle Ages. Sample authentic Greek yogurt and eat it like locals do, topped with a dollop of sweet jam. Learn about feta cheese, olives, and Greek olive oil and try some special and surprising local delicacies. Break for lunch and eat like an Athenian as you enjoy a selection of Greek tapas. After lunch, head to the Athens food market to discover the selection of food on offer here. No trip to the food market is complete without a visit the spice street. End your foodie experience on a sweet note with mouthwatering desserts and learn how to make traditional recipes with phyllo dough.
IncludesGuided foodie tour of the Athens food market district Local foodie guide Greek-style breakfast Full lunch Desserts Other food tastings Drinks
- The tour is designed so that you leave with a full stomach so no need for lunch afterward. Vegetarian options are available This tour involves easy walking and can be suitable for people with mobility impairments. Please contact the local partner before the tour to make arrangements to accommodate mobility impairments for each of the food stops. Αdults not vaccinated against Covid-19 are not allowed to enter the indoor areas of restaurants, bars, cafes and taverns. Entrance will be allowed only for the vaccinated and those with proof of recovery from Covid-19 (stating that they have recovered from the virus in the last six months).