Athens: Full-Day Aigialeia Private Wine Tour with Lunch
Discover the wonders of nature, history, craftsmanship, religion, and vinification in the area of Aigialeia on this full-day tour from Athens.
- See the Vouraikos Canyon on one of the top 8 train rides in the world
- Learn about the history of the Kalavritan holocaust
- Visit a wine-producing monastery
- Enjoy lunch in between the vineyards with breathtaking views
- Learn about Greek wine and viticulture history
DescriptionTake a stunning wine tour to discover the wonders of nature, history, craftsmanship, religion and vinification. After an hour and a half drive from Athens, hop onto the small train heading to Kalavryta through the magnificent Vouraikos Canyon, considered one of the eight most beautiful train rides worldwide (Due to COVID-19, the train ride will not run until further notice). Upon arrival to the historic city of Kalavryta, take some time to visit the Museum of the Kalavritan Holocaust, walk around and enjoy the beauties of the city. Continue your trip to the famous monastery of Mega Spileon, a century-old wine production site. In complete harmony with the wild and impressive landscape of the area, the eight-story complex of the monastery is imposing. Next, stop at the Mega Spileon vineyards, now exploited by a modern winery with premium wines. Walk through the vineyards with breathtaking views over the canyon, taste excellent wines, and savor lunch in the vineyards.
IncludesReturn transfer from your point of choice within Athens Diakopto to Kalavryta train tickets (Due to COVID-19, the train ride will not run until further notice) One winery tour and tasting Lunch pairing with premium wines of the producer Experienced sommelier/wine expert throughout the tour All admissions and tasting fees A small bottle of mineral water Gratuities (optional) Entrance to the Museum of the Kalavrita Holocaust (optional)
- Due to COVID-19, the train ride will not run until further notice. The tour is organized as scheduled, and a 2nd winery visit is included in the tour.
- Passengers must be able to prove age over 18 years for consumption of alcohol at wineries
- All travelers should have their own insurance policy
- Pick up locations must be confirmed 24 hours prior to tour departure
- Smoking is not permitted on our vehicles or inside winery buildings
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability