Athens: Full-Day Delphi, Thebes, and Hosios Loukas Monastery
Avoid the city buzz and visit one of the most historically important cities of Greece. You'll discover the Museum of Thebes, the Mycenae Palace, and the Hosios Loukas Monastery, among many other significant sites.
- Visit the Museum of Thebes, which holds artefacts from the Peaolothic to Post-Byzantine periods
- Immerse yourself in the rich history of Delphi
- Marvel at the Temple of Apollo
- Pass by the city of Thebes, the birthplace of King Oedipus
- Explore the traditional-yet-cosmopolitan village of Arachova and taste local delicacies
DescriptionYour driver will pick you up from your hotel or cruise ship from where your experience begins. From there you journey out of Athens, passing the plain of Boeotia - an agricultural center, and the city of Thebes - the birthplace of King Oedipus. You'll soon reach the Archaeological Museum of Thebes, one of the most important museums of Greece. The exhibits there originate from excavations all around Boeotia, and cover a long chronological period spanning from the Palaeolithic to the Post-Byzantine periods. Your visit to the museum also includes a walk around the fascinating Mycenae Palace and the Mycenaean Tombs. Continuing onward, you'll travel to Delphi. Once there, explore the Castalia Spring, the archaeological site of Delphi, the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the Monument of Platea, and the Temple of Apollo. Its spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifinians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos, the metopes of the Athenian Treasury, and the famous bronze Charioteer, which was originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476-B.C. Pythian Games. Later, visit the traditional-yet-cosmopolitan village of Arachova, which sits at 1,000 meters above sea level. It is one of the most popular winter resorts of Greece, and whilst there you can stroll through the local market which boasts a great variety of hand-made pastries, cheese, spices, and many other local products.
IncludesPrivate transportation Pickup/drop-off from your accommodation in Athens or the Piraeus Port Air-conditioned vehicle Professional English-speaking chauffeur All taxes Entrance fees Personal expenses
- This tour has a guaranteed departure and it is completely private • Your chauffeur will assist you with anything you might require along the way and can recommend the best places for lunch and photographs along the way
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability