My Guide Website?
Athens: Full-Day Meteora Tour by Train with Lunch114 Reviews
Discover one of the world’s most popular UNESCO sites on a day trip to Meteora. Explore ancient monasteries, enjoy panoramic views and taste a traditional Greek lunch at a local restaurant.
- Experience the unique scenery of Meteora and taste its local cuisine
- See six monasteries and admire the interior of three of them
- Enjoy panoramic views and capture breathtaking photos
- Learn local history and legends directly from a local guide
- Benefit from pre-arranged round-trip train tickets
DescriptionRedeem your train e-tickets (they will be delivered to you via email after your booking) for the 7:57 AM morning train departure from the Central Railway Station of Athens (Stathmos Larisis) to Kalambaka and travel on your own. Embark on a scenic train ride through the Greek countryside and admire the beautiful landscapes. You will arrive at 12:03 PM at Kalambaka’s train station, where your tour guide will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name. You will then board a comfortable minibus to begin an unforgettable journey to this true wonder called Meteora. During this guided tour you will have the opportunity to see all six magnificent monasteries and admire the interior of three of them. See some of Meteora’s most spectacular hidden gems like the ancient hermit caves, the Chapel of Doupiani, and the magnificent St. George Mandilas cave. You will also discover the other side of Meteora, like the truth about why the hermits settled in these imposing caves a thousand years ago and how the monks achieved the impossible. Last but not least, you will have the opportunity to enjoy breathtaking panoramic views and capture some amazing photos that you will cherish forever. At around 4:45 PM, transfer back to Kalambaka’s train station. The train back to Athens departs at 6:22 PM so you will have approximately an hour and a half of free time in order for you to explore (on foot) the nearby center of Kalambaka, visit one of the many cafes or restaurants, have lunch, and relax.
IncludesRoundtrip train tickets from Athens to Kalabaka Meteora minibus sightseeing tour Lunch Wi-Fi in the minibus Local guide
- It is highly recommended to have some light snacks with you so you can enjoy them during the train ride or/and your Meteora tour.
- Lunch time will be after the Meteora tour because it requires some physical effort to visit the monasteries and it is not recommended to do it after eating