My Guide Website?
Athens: Full-Day Private Tour by Limo-Minivan
Discover the history and greatness of Athens with a knowledgeable local driver-guide in a single day. Explore places that most conventional tourists never visit. During the tour, you will learn about the sites, history, mythology and Greek culture.
- Marvel at the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens
- See the Parthenon, dedicated to an ancient goddess
- Visit the stadium of the first modern Olympics and location of the announcement of the battle of Marathon victory
- Head to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Be amazed by the Temple of Zeus, the biggest temple ever built in the city of Athens
DescriptionStart your tour at the Acropolis hill, where you can see the Erechtheion, the Temple of Athena, Nike, and Propylaea, and glimpse the famous Parthenon. From the top of Acropolis hill, marvel at the Odeon of Herodus Atticus, the Theatre of Dionysus, and the Areopagus. Move on to the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch. See the Panathenaic Stadium, where the first Olympic games of the modern era were held in 1896. Witness the Evzones changing of the guards at the Presidential Palace. Visit the Athens Trilogy of Culture: the National Library of Greece, the Athens University, and the Academy, and see the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the Houses of Parliament, Constitution Square, and enjoy a panorama of the city from Lycabettus hill. Drive through modern Athens and stop at Hermou street, the old city Plaka and Flea Market for traditional Greek delicacies, and grab something to drink. If time permits, visit some additional sites such as Hefestus Temple, Kerameikos, Greek & Roman Agora, and Socrates Prison. After lunch, enjoy a visit to the New Acropolis Museum or the National Archaeological Museum to complete your experience.
IncludesPrivate driver-guide services Local taxes Tolls and baggage charges Fuel Parking fees Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour is not recommended for those with limited mobility