My Guide Website?
Athens: Gazi-Metaxourgeio Small Group Neighborhood Tour3 Reviews
Experience the oldest city in Europe, the way Athenians do. Avoid the touristy districts and stroll off-the-beaten-path with a local guide on a small group tour of Gazi-Metaxourgeio. Learn about the local culture and taste incredible Greek delicacies.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Start and end your tour Kerameikos, a centrally-located metro station
- Enjoy a small group tour for a more personalized experience
- Taste a variety of street food and quick drinks to stimulate your senses
- Experience Athens like an Athenian in a scenic and authentic neighborhood
DescriptionMeet your guide in Athen’s Keramaikos area. Take a walk through the Gazi-Metaxourgio neighborhood and get to the know what Athens is like away from the typical tourist haunts. Explore this vibrant and lively neighborhood which is in the middle of a transformation. Discover a place where the traditional meets the modern. Time somehow stops here. Old buildings with troubled histories stand next to restaurants, skate parks, and street art. Relax in hidden backyards and sip Greek wine. See some of the trendiest spots for nightlife and meet cool local Athenians.
IncludesLocal guide Sweet and savory street food and drinks Athens guide magazine Map of Athens
- Please note, this tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Please bring along: comfortable walking shoes (no high heels), a hat and sunscreen, bottled water, weather-appropriate clothes, a camera