My Guide Website?
Athens: Guided Tour of Ancient Agora and Agora Museum28 Reviews
Visit Ancient Agora, the commercial, political and financial heart of ancient Athens. The walk through the monuments will offer you the sense of traveling back in time. This is where the ancient Athenians created the cradle of western civilization.
- Explore one of the most important sites of the antiquity, the birthplace of philosophy and democracy
- Visit the Hephaestus Temple, the best-preserved Greek temple from the 5th century BC
- Admire the Attalos Museum and its artifacts of great historical value
DescriptionVisit the cradle of democracy and explore one of the most important sites of the antiquity, the birthplace of philosophy. The ancient agora was the commercial, political and financial heart of ancient Athens and is the place where Socrates, Plato and many world-known philosophers walked and taught their thinking. You will visit the Hephaestus Temple, the best preserved Greek Temple from the 5th century BC and you will see the wonderful church of the 12 Apostles, the Temple of Apollo Patroos, the Stoa of Zeus, the Altar of Zeus. With the input of your knowledgeable guide, the ancient stones will come alive. Then your licensed guide will take you to the Attalos Museum, which is worthwhile visiting as it houses artifacts of great historical value.
IncludesLocal licensed guide Skip-the-line service
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet tour requirements. In that case, an alternative or a full refund will be offered
- The tour takes place in all weather, rain or shine, so please be prepared with hat, raincoat etc.
- Admission fees for all places visited are not included in the tour price. Please make sure you have enough cash (euros) with you to purchase the tickets. The tour operator will pre-buy the tickets for you so that you skip the ticket line