Athens: Hidden Historical Gems Private Walking Tour
Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the picturesque neighborhoods of Athens. Discover well-hidden sights, small streets and awesome corners of the city. Learn the fascinating background stories of each landmark from your expert guide.
- Discover Athens from an insider’s perspective and avoid the crowded tourist attractions
- Be guided by an experienced local licensed archaeologist
- See the first distillery of Greece and see beautiful byzantine churches
DescriptionThe modern city of Athens sits upon and between the ruins from the Ancient Greek, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman eras. During this walking tour around the beautiful pedestrian areas of the city, admire different types of hidden monuments emerging among the today’s buildings. Each and every corner of the city hides an impressive story. See the first distillery in Greece, an area looking like a Greek island, the first public school of Athens, the ruins of the Roman agora, impressive mansions, an ancient weather station, beautiful Byzantine churches, a mosque and other Muslim buildings. This tour encompasses art, architecture, archaeology, social history, local legends and stories of prominent personalities that walked on the same paths you will walk on, guided by an expert with years of experience.
IncludesLocal, licensed archaeologist guide Hotel pick-up and drop-off Food and drinks Gratuities (optional, usually 10%)
- This tour is not suitable for people with limited mobility
- The tour takes place in all weather conditions, rain or shine
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability