My Guide Website?
Athens Highlights Private Tour with Acropolis & Lunch
Explore Athens with a private guide on a 6-hour tour and discover the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens, Temple of Zeus, Panathenian Stadium and more. Finish with a sumptuous lunch of modern Greek dishes prepared with fresh ingredients.
- Explore some of the ancient highlights of Athens
- Take advantage of the flexibility to customize your itinerary to your meet preferences
- Relish a delicious set lunch
- Visit the breathtaking Acropolis
DescriptionFrom hotels centrally-located in Athens, your tour will start with a hotel pick-up in an air-conditioned minibus and take you into the city center with your private guide. During the drive, relax and chat about the things in Athens that interest you the most. Although your itinerary is planned, the commentary on your private tour can be customized to your interests. Your first stop is the Panathenian Stadium, an impressive white-marble structure that was the site of the First Olympic Games in 1896. During a look around inside, hear tales of the stadium's architecture and reconstruction. Learn about its history as one of the country's renowned sports venues. Near the stadium lies the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus - or more simply, the Temple of Zeus. Enjoy the view from outside the colossal ruins that honor the king of the Olympian Gods. Listen to stories about the mystery-shrouded Greek gods from your guide. Continue to Athens National Gardens and stop outside the Greek Parliament to see the traditionally dressed guards watching the buildings. Have your camera ready to capture snap shots of the changing of the guards ceremony and get a sense of Greek modern history. Next is the site that is sure to be a highlight on any visitor's list: the Acropolis of Athens. Leave your minibus and head out on foot for a stroll up the slopes of the city's famous ancient citadel. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Acropolis is home to several incredible buildings that date back to the days of Ancient Greece. See the Parthenon, Propylaea gateway, Erechtheion and Temple of Athena Nike, a monument built to represent Athens' ambition as the most powerful Greek city. You walk down through the serene Ancient Agora, which was once the heart of Ancient Athens and the focus of political, commercial, social, religious and cultural activity. Finally arrive in the lively area of Thession, with its plethora of restaurants, cafes and beautiful monuments withstanding the rage of time so well. You will be warmly welcomed at the restaurant with the majestic temple of Hephaistos peeking through the trees in the background. Enjoy a well deserved cooling refreshment before the sumptuous lunch of Modern Greek dishes prepared from the freshest ingredients of the country inspired by a distinguished chef.
IncludesEntrance fees Lunch Driver/guide Hotel pick-up and drop off (centrally located in Athens) Port pick-up and drop off (Piraeus port) Private minibus
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Surcharge applies for pick-up and drop off from hotels outside the Athens City Center. To be paid directly to local operator
- Surcharge applies for pick-up and drop off from the airport. To be paid directly to local operator