My Guide Website?
Athens: Meteora DayTrip by Train, English or Spanish & Lunch1181 Reviews
Join a full-day Meteora tour from Athens with a local guide and roundtrip train tickets. Learn about the area's history, go inside 3 monasteries, see all 8 of them, and enjoy an authentic Greek lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- 1000+ reviews on Get Your Guide. '' It says it all ! '
- Enjoy a tour of Meteora and the entire area from Athens with a local guide
- Enjoy an included Greek lunch in a restaurant reserved exclusivily for you
- Visit inside 3 monasteries, see all 8 of them - Hermit Caves and monk's life
- Benefit from convenient pickup and drop-off at Kalabaka train station
DescriptionDo you want to escape the Greek capital for the day and discover an amazing UNESCO World Heritage Site? Look no further than the one day Meteora tour from Athens by train including train tickets and Greek Lunch. This once in a lifetime journey takes you to see all 8 monasteries - Hermit Caves and enter 3 of them, with an expert local guide leading you to breathtaking viewpoints and sharing fascinating stories along the way. Arriving in your destination approximately 12:49 noon. Departing in the morning at 08:28 am from Larissa Station, otherwise known as Athens Railway Station, the train arrives at Kalabaka at 12:49 pm. The guide then waits to meet and greet you here in Kalabaka Train Station. Lunch included in the price : Ensure an unforgettable Meteora tour with an authentic taste of traditional Greek cuisine. Experience an all-inclusive journey , lunch during the trip. Don't miss it! Choose one plate and a Greek salad from our delightful 10 flavors if you wish also a vegetarian plate it is there for you. Enjoy your meal at our cozy table or on-the-go. Upon arrival in Kalabaka - Meteora from Athens, we've reserved the best bus stop under giant trees, overlooking the majestic landscape. Since the transport is conveniently arranged for you - including train tickets to and from Kalabaka, and an air-conditioned bus to get around Meteora - you can enjoy the experience in the most stress-free manner possible. Not only is the train ride to Kalabaka efficient, but it also allows you to soak up the enchanting countryside of Greece on the about four hour trip there and back. Revel in the gorgeous landscapes that unfold before your eyes and prepare yourself for the wonders of Meteora to come. You can even upgrade your seats to first class tickets (upon availability) Upon arrival, the four hour panoramic tour begins to see all monasteries and visit inside 3 of them (only by us) - Hermit Caves in small groups. The enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide accompanies you to the most awe-inspiring vistas, and explains the geological phenomenon and rich history of Meteora in remarkable detail. The monastery of Badovas where the last hermit monks lived over two centuries ago. Also we stop at the best points for memorable best photos. Have the opportunity to explore hidden gems and get the unbridled attention of the guide for the full duration - enabling you to learn the secrets of Meteora missed by most tourists without missing any part of the area. At the end of the experience, the guide bids you farewell at the Kalambaka Station as you make the late afternoon departure for Athens at 17:35 pm arriving in Athens at 21:57 pm. No other Meteora tour from Athens by train gives you this level of immersion, meticulously organized into an all-inclusive package. Reserve your place today from a local company with 1000+ reviews on Get Your Guide , only by us , and gain exclusive access to uncover mysterious treasures, and snap up Instagram-worthy photos at secret spots only known by a select few. Make sure you bring your best camera because the photo-ops are endless. The monasteries, perched on the edge of cliffs and on top of rocky pillars, will literally take your breath away. Let us be your guide for the day and help you create moments that will be forever etched into your memory.
IncludesRoundtrip Train tickets from Athens to Meteora Lunch full 2 courses (vegetarian option available) Local tour guide on the bus Visit inside the 3 most popular monasteries and Hermit Caves Photo stops to the best viewpoints Bottle of mineral water Map of Meteora Free Wi-Fi on the bus
- To reach the Athens Railway Station you can take a Taxi for 5 euros from the center or use Metro. For lunch, choose a plate and a Greek salad from 10 flavors, or a vegetarian choice from a traditional Greek cuisine The local train company issues 20 A-class tickets daily. If you book first-class train tickets and no availability, you be refunded the difference and get normal-class train tickets automatically A modest dress code is applied to enter the monasteries. For women, skirts below the knee or longer required. No pants, shorts, or sleeveless shirts are allowed. For men, sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knee are prohibited Your tour guide will pick you up and drop you off at Kalambaka Station even if the train is delayed. The provider is not responsible for train delays that may affect the duration of the tour Your train e-tickets will be sent to you by email 4 days before your trip or immediately if it is a last-minute reservation (please check your spam email folder too)