My Guide Website?
Athens Modern Olympics Segway Tour13 Reviews
Athens is an open-air museum making the Segway the perfect vehicle from which to experience it! You can discover the passage from past to present with this unique tour!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- Athens: The Original Greek Food Tour
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- Nea Makri: Marathon Cape & Bay of Schinias Snorkeling Trip
- Athens: Acropolis, Parthenon, & Acropolis Museum Guided Tour
- Visit the first modern Olympic “village”
- See the Panathinaikon Stadium
- Witness the changing of the Presidential Guards 'Tsolias'
DescriptionYour tour leader will start with a 30-minute training session to help you get comfortable on your Segway. Within minutes you’ll realize just how easy and intuitive it is! Once you have your bearings – we’ll roll through the pedestrian street to meet the “Roman” part of the city, where the temple of Zeus and the gate of Andrian stands. Then we will visit the first modern Olympic “village”, the Zappeion mansion and the Panathenaic Stadium, to discover where the first modern Olympic Games took place and then we will glide on the national gardens, to ease our minds, like kings and queens used to do! A sure highlight of the day is the presidential guards, with their unique and meaningful uniform. Right before heading back, you will have the change to get a picture next to the guards, a must-do here in Athens! If you are looking for a fun, eco-friendly way to discover the best that Modern Athens has to offer in just a few hours – you’ll love the Modern Athens Segway Tour! You’ll cover more ground and see more without the effort it would take to cover the same route on foot. All tours depart from and end at our office near the Plaka where a bathroom, free Wifi, and water are available to all of the guests.
IncludesSegway Training Helmet Expert tour leader
- This tour does not enter any archaeological sites. Minimum age to ride a Segway is 10 years and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance. Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos). It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and not bring large bags whilst on the Segway. The tour is not recommended for pregnant women.