My Guide Website?
Athens: Old City and National Gardens Puzzle Tour4 Reviews
On this gamified walking tour you will discover unique statues, charming courtyards, and cosy cafes. Each riddle takes you to your next destination and when solved, unlocks curious stories about the city.
- Take a self-guided and real-life city discovery game via a browser on your phone
- Enjoy solving riddles and unlocking local stories, secret recommendations, and the locations of the city’s hidden gems
- Receive an unconventional and authentic view of Mitropoleos Square, the lush National Gardens, and the Temple of Olympian Zeus
DescriptionEnjoy an interactive city discovery experience across Athens’s Old City. You’ll solve riddles via a web app in your phone’s browser, with all the information you need for your adventure being received via email before the activity. Solving 10 riddles, your challenge starts inside the Syntagma Square Metro Station at the “Fragment of a Mosaic Floor”. Each riddle takes you from one hidden location to the next. You’ll unlock local recommendations and fun facts, as well as the history of the city. You'll discover spots in Athens’s Old City that most locals don’t even know, as you see popular sights from a different angle. Explore Athens’s iconic landmarks, stately buildings, famous characters, charming streets, and an enormous verdant garden where you’ll be treated to a bird symphony. Along the route, you’ll discover favorite local cafes and artisan shops as the game leads you past the city’s oldest distillery, where you can sample Greek spirits. Solve the 10 riddles and unlock short stories, as well as a tip to find some favorite rooftop haunts which provide fantastic panoramic views over the city. The highlights you will discover throughout the game include Mitropoleos Square, the National Gardens, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, and the picturesque 11th-century Byzantine Church of Saint Catherine.
IncludesA link to the web app game (received via email)
- This game is suitable for friends, couples, families with kids and team buildings
- This is a self-guided city discovery experience, there is no tour guide that will join your urban adventure • Games are available in English only
- There are a few rules to the games which you will be sent before beginning your activity
- The game is played in the browser of your phone, you need a little bit of data (maximum 2 megabytes)