My Guide Website?
Athens: Old Town Highlights Electric Bike Tour340 Reviews
Explore Athens from a local's perspective on a comfortable e-bike and learn about the city's vibrant culture. Embark on a tour through historic neighborhoods and hidden local gems.
- Cycle past all the main monuments of the historic center of Athens
- See the site of the first modern Olympics at the Panathenaic Stadium
- Go to the National Gardens within the Greek Parliament building
- Join a small group of up to 12 participants
- Visit the ancient burial site of the Kerameikos Cemetery
DescriptionCycle the historic center of Athens on a 9-kilometer bike tour, and see archaeological and architectural highlights of the city such as the Panathenaic Stadium, Presidential Mansion, indoor exhibition center of the Zappeion Hall, and Roman Agora. Discover the city’s green spaces, such as the National Gardens. Explore historic neighborhoods, such as Plaka, in the footsteps of the Acropolis. Go to the ancient burial site of Kerameikos Cemetery. Admire the dome of the National Observatory of Athens, and enter the traditional neighborhood of Thission. Although you will not enter any of the archaeological sights, you will stop for approximately 5-8 minutes at each one while your tour leader provides valuable information and tells interesting stories. Get off your bike for a short walking tour of an areas that bikes can’t access, but leads you to an amazing view far off the tourist path. Designed for the average cyclist, the route avoids the busy city traffic by following mostly flat paths and bike trails. Enjoy a more intimate experience in groups of no more than 12 people.
IncludesElectric pedal assist bike (if you select the option) Conventional bike 24 gears (if you select the option) Helmet English-speaking tour leader Athens city suggestions
- While there will be photo stops at different points, you will not enter any archaeological site that requires a licensed tour guide.
- Please note, participants riding electric bikes may join your tour group.
- The guide will answer questions, provide information regarding daily life in Athens, give tips on shopping areas and night life spots, and offer any other help to make your stay in Athens as pleasant as possible.
- There is a limited number of bikes for heights less than 160 cm; please let the local partner know if you will require one beforehand • Tours run in all weather conditions