Athens: Old Town Walking Tour with a Historian3 Reviews
Stroll along the most popular places in Athens where all the famous Greeks, like Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and Alexander the Great used to walk. Spend a day with a local archaeologist-historian and admire the landmarks of ancient Greece.
- Experience the glorious past of the Ancient Greeks
- Visit the most important landmarks of the city in four hours
- Visit the Herakleidon Museum
- Walk through the most picturesque districts of the city
- Admire the breathtaking view at the top of Areus Pagus Hill
DescriptionStart your tour at the Acropolis Metro Station and walk through the city center of Athens, like the Ancient Greeks used to. First, visit the district of Plaka, where the upper class ancient Greeks used to memorialize their victories in their theatrical drama contests. Admire the Theater of Dionysus, where the lower class ancient Athenians used to wait to enter free of charge to watch tragedies and comedies by famous writers. Marvel at the Parthenon, a masterpiece of the Greek classical architecture, and climb up the Areus Pagus Hill, where murder cases used to be tried. Then, visit the Herakleidon Museum, where you’ll have the chance to admire the technological achievements of the Ancient Greeks. Combine your experience with a coffee break, while taking in the amazing view of the Acropolis and head to Pnyka in order to take part in the Athenian assembly. Step into Socrates’ prison and learn about the last days and moments of the famous philosopher’s life. Finally, enjoy an optional lunch in the nearby traditional district of Thissio, where you’ll have the chance to taste the “oinomelo,” a hot or cold combination of wine and honey that the Ancient Greeks used to drink.
Includes4-hour guided tour with an experienced archaeologist-historian Personal expenses, such as coffee, lunch, etc. 4 entrance fee to the Herakleidon Museum
- Don’t forget to bring your camera
- It is recommended to have an umbrella, sunglasses, and sunscreen
- Wear the appropriate clothing according to the weather forecast
- Comfortable shoes are recommended for your convenience during the tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now