My Guide Website?
Athens: Olympic Games Workout26 Reviews
Get the background on what the Olympic Games were really about in venues connected to original events. Find out how ancient athletes trained and learn techniques before you compete in a race in the world’s first modern Olympic stadium.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Run like a champion in the Panathenaic Stadium, home of the 1896 Olympic Games
- Learn the history of the Ancient Olympic Games and what they meant at the time
- Tour the Zappeion to discover the first modern purpose-built Olympic facility
- Stretch your muscles in a gym session at an historic 19th-century gym
DescriptionTrain to be an Olympic athlete at the neoclassical Zappeion. Located just below the National Gardens of Athens, this beautiful monument was the first building to be erected specifically for the revival of the Olympic Games in the modern world. Find out in detail what role the ancient Olympics played in society over the millennium in which they were held. Learn how the athletes trained and what disciplines were included as the games evolved. Hear some really old sports trivia to stump your friends, and investigate how the modern games were first proposed, organized and held in Athens more than 1,500 years after they were last staged. Then, stretch your muscles at a nearby historic gym. Try some classic techniques from old events, such as the discus and javelin throw. Practice newer ones like the shot put, long jump and relay race. By the time you reach the Panathenaic Stadium (the only stadium in the world made entirely of marble), you’ll be psyched up for a truly unique experience. Race in the stadium on the hallowed track where the first modern Olympians competed more than a century ago. Don’t worry about personal bests; it’s the run that counts, not the finish line!
IncludesCertified sports trainer
- This tour involves mild sport activity so please wear the right shoes and try not to eat 2 hours prior to the activity