Athens Private Acropolis and Other Ancient Sites Tour3 Reviews
Explore all the ancient city of Athens has to offer in the comfort of a private vehicle with an expert driver. See all the major sites and drive through the city as you discover Athens' fascinating ancient history on this 6-hour tour.
- Explore the ancient city of Athens while guided by your expert driver
- Choose which sites you see and tailor this private tour to suit you
- Visit the Acroplois and the ancient remains of several buildings, tombs, and theaters
- Discover many fascinating sites including the Parthenon, the Theater of Dionysus, Hadrian's Arch, and Constitution Square
- Visit the new Acropolis Museum and view all the exhibits and excavations from a glass gallery as was never possible before
DescriptionTake a 6 hour tour of all the must-see sights of Athens. If you are visiting Athens for the first time or just want to know, this tour provides an excellent introduction to one of the greatest cities of the ancient world. Your first stop is the Acropolis, for a visit to the symbol of the glory of ancient Greece. Climb the smooth marble steps on the Sacred Way, as visitors have for centuries. At any time, you can stop the car in order to take pictures, have a drink, extend your visit time to a site, shop, or anything else that you need. All tours are private, so you can change the schedule as you like. Along the way you will see many fascinating, ancient monuments that have amazed all who visit. You will visit the Parthenon, the largest building on the Acropolis and one of the world's most awe-inspiring man-made sites. Built by Pericles to honor the virgin goddess Athena, the Parthenon has been the model for thousands of buildings throughout the world. You will see the Theater of Dionysus, the oldest Greek theater built in the 5th Century, and then on to Hadrian's Arch and the Temple of Olympian Zeus, once one of the largest temples in ancient Greece, that took almost 7 centuries to complete. Then take the chance to visit the new Acropolis Museum: Opened in 2009 after 30 years of planning, you will view all exhibits in natural light from a glass gallery. You will visit all this and much, much more as you explore no less than 9 fascinating sites on this 6-hour tour.
IncludesHotel, or port pick-up and drop-off English speaking taxi driver Transportation by luxury, air-conditioned Mercedes Benz taxi Map of Athens All Tours are ''Private'' and you can change the schedule as you like Cold water Tour guide (the driver cannot enter the sites with you) Entrance Fees for the archeological sites Lunch and drinks
- The Acropolis is open: In Winter: From Nov 1st to March 31st: 08:30-15:00 - In Summer: 08.00-19.00 Acropolis entrance ticket : 12 euros per person* The Acropolis ticket can be used for a few days (7-8 days) after its purchase for more archaeological sites, which are quotted on the Acropolis ticket itself (Roman Market, Ancient Agora, Temple of Zeus, Kerameikos, Dionysos sanctuary). You can buy this ticket at any of the five archaeological places you visit first and use it for the Acropolis too. Closed on Holidays: Jan 1st, March 25th, May 1st,Oct 28th, Christmas and Boxing Day. Good Friday: open from 12noon to 3pm. Holy Saturday: 08.30-3pm Easter Sunday: closed Easter Monday: 08.30-3pm The New Acropolis Museum is closed on Mondays 5 euros per person* Please wear athletic shoes to avoid slipping . The order of visits on the tour may change due to circumstances beyond our control. (Bad weather conditions, demonstrations, road closers...). . Drivers cannot enter sites with you
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now