My Guide Website?
Athens: Private Cape Sounio and Vouliagmeni Lake Sunset Tour2 Reviews
Explore Lake Vouliagmeni, a hidden treasure of Attica’s nature. Move on to admire the columns of the Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounio, which stands proudly on top of a hill overlooking the infinite blue of the Aegean sea.
- Admire the idyllic landscape of an aquatic paradise created by the collapse of a cave's roof
- Visit the Temple of Poseidon, erected to honor the Greek God
- Enjoy the wonderful coastal ride of the famous Athenian Riviera
DescriptionFollowing collection from your Athens accommodation, pass through some of the city's most scenic suburbs whilst following a coastal road. Your first stop is to Lake Vouliagmeni, a hidden treasure of the Athenian Riviera. Lake Vouliagmeni has a steady temperature all year round, ranging between 18-24 degrees Celsius. Its water is brackish, containing underground sea water mixed with the water of a spring. This makes it an ideal location for swimmers who visit the lake to profit from its mineral-rich water. Following the lake, continue along the coastal road whilst admiring the green and rocky coastline of Attica on your way to Cape Sounion. As you approach the promontory, the columns of the Temple of Poseidon are visible from the road, standing proudly on top of a hill and dominating the surroundings. The temple was erected to honor the ancient Greek God of the Sea, Poseidon. On a lower hill, opposite Cape Sounion, you can discover the ruins of a second ancient temple that was built to honor Goddess Athena. Take your time in admiring the infinite blue of the Aegean Sea, as no land catches your eye except for scattered islands in the open sea. Admire the beautiful sunset colors in the sky from the highest point of the hill, following which you return to Athens following the same route.
IncludesPickup and drop-off service Piraeus Port (Cruise terminal) Pick up & Drop off English-speaking driver (not authorized to enter into the sites and museums as per Greek Law) Private transportation in a luxury vehicle Mineral water Wet and dry tissues Private Tour Air-conditioned vehicle Fuel surcharge WiFi on board For up to 3pax with a Simple sedan or a Taxi, up to 7pax with a Minivan, up to 15pax with a Minibus
- This is a private tour
- Meals are not included in the rate, but adequate time will be given for a food or coffee break
- The itinerary is subject to change according to the opening/closing hours of the venues and depending on the tourist season
- Please wait in the hotel lobby/outside the apartment 15 minutes before your scheduled pickup time
- Comfortable shoes and clothes, sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses are recommended
- Smoking is not permitted inside the vehicle
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Save up to 15%
Reserve Your Experience
From €220.00€187.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today