Athens: Private Full-Day Highlights Tour
Get around Athens’ most-cherished attractions and explore iconic sites in the city that invented western civilization on this private, full-day driving tour. Add on a licensed English-speaking guide to get the most out of your experience.
- Admire the most iconic Athenian buildings and districts
- Discover breathtaking panoramic views from Lycabettus Hill
- Explore the pinnacle of architecture, the Acropolis
- See the Hellenic Parliament guards
- Drive to the Parthenon for free time to visit the Acropolis Museum
DescriptionFollowing pickup from your hotel, the airport, or the port by private vehicle, travel to the famous heart of Athens, the Acropolis. While there, observe the city’s rich history documented in every piece of marble gracing the Parthenon, Erechtheion, and Propylaea. From the rocky heights, view the new Acropolis Museum, an architectural jewel that hosts a rich variety of treasures. From there, head toward the city center to Syntagma Square, the Greek Parliament, and the impressive Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at the heart of the modern Greek Republic. Following that, enter the most cosmopolitan quarter with its elegant shops and countless dining options. You'll then take the road to the Panathenaic Stadium, which hosted the first modern Olympic Games on their revival in 1896. Nearby, enjoy the cool shade of the National Gardens and view Zappeion Megaro Hall, one of the city's most important and impressive neoclassical buildings. Your route will pass by the picturesque Plaka area for you to enjoy the famous view from the Lycabettus Hill. There, savor the sight of Athens laid out before you, illuminated and noble. Your next stop is at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cutural Center before your tour concludes in the suburb of Glyfada. Finally, you'll be returned to your hotel or the port.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation, the airport, or the port (depending on option selected) Private transportation Air-conditioned vehicle WiFi onboard Bottled water Licensed tour guide (unless add-on selected) Entrance fees Personal expenses Gratuities (optional)
- The drivers are not official tour guides, but are knowledgeable and can provide fascinating commentary in fluent English • Although your guides will not enter the archaeological sites with you, they can answer most of your questions about the places you visit throughout the tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now