Athens: Private Tour to Corinth, Cave of Lakes & Cog Railway1 Reviews
Visit the Corinth Canal and the city of ancient Corinth to follow in the footsteps of the Apostle Paul. Take a ride on the cog railway to Kalavryta to visit the "Cave of Lakes", 13 multicoloured lakes inside a mysterious cave.
- See the 20-meter-wide Corinth Canal that connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf
- Explore the ancient market and the Statue of Apostle Paul, standing in the center of the Roman Forum
- Take a journey on the COG railway through Vouraikos Canyon
- Enjoy a traditional Greek meal in the picturesque village of Kalavryta
- Marvel at the magnificent “Cave of Lakes” and its 13 multicolored lakes
DescriptionSpend a full day on this private tour exploring the natural and man-made wonders surrounding the city of Athens. After pickup from your accommodations in Athens, drive along the mainland cost to Peloponnese, where you’ll have your first short stop at the Corinth Canal, which connects the Gulf of Corinth to the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. Your second visit will be to the Ancient Market and the Statue of Apostle Paul, walking along the same paths the Apostle walked and preached hundreds of years earlier. Then, visit the commercial town of Corinth and the Apostle Paul Metropolitan Church, founded by the Apostle himself around 51-52 AD. Afterwards, you’ll reach Diakofto to take the Cog Railway that goes through Vouraikos Canyon, one of the most beautiful natural sights and most spectacular railway rides in Greece. Your train ride ends in the town of Kalavryta, where your driver will meet you to take you to the mysterious and magnificent “Cave of Lakes”, a rare creation of nature. Small and large lakes, 13 in total, each a different colors, formed inside a cave that you can now explore. See the “hanging bridge” the “waterfalls”, and unique stalactite formations as you get the feeling of being in a floating corridor. Head through an artificial tunnel that leads you directly to the second floor for some awe-inspiring sights. Finally, stop for a meal in the picturesque village of Kalavrita before heading back to Athens.
IncludesPrivate transportation Air-conditioned vehicle English-speaking professional driver Pickup and drop-off from your accommodations in Athens Tour leader at the Cave of Lakes Guide in Corinth (if option chosen) Meals Personal expenses Entrance tickets Tickets for the COG Railway (€10/person)
- This tour has a guaranteed departure and is completely private. Your chauffeur will assist you with anything you might require along the way and suggest the best spots for lunch and photographs.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability