My Guide Website?
Athens: Private Wine Tour and Lunch at the Seaside1 Reviews
Taste amazing local wines on a vineyard tour in an ancient wine region near Athens, learn about the history of wine from the region's vintners, and enjoy a delicious lunch by the sea.
- • Taste award-winning wines at two local wineries
- • Enjoy food and wine pairing during the tastings
- • Savor lunch at a magnificent seaside fish tavern
- • Learn about the unique history of Greek wine from experienced sommeliers
DescriptionLearn about the unique history of winemaking in Greece and sample award-winning regional wines. Led by a local wine expert, this tour includes visits to two iconic wineries in Mesogeia, the most important viticultural zone in Attica, which is home to a variety of PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) wines. Taste the most well-known varietal in the region, Savatiano, along with other whites like Roditis, Assyrtiko, Malagousia, and Chardonnay. Sample red varieties like Agiorgitiko, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Syrah – and don't miss Retsina, a resinated wine whose production dates back 2,000 years. Along the way, hear intriguing stories about wine history from local vintners and nibble on regional delicacies that bring out the best in the wines. To finish off your tour, relax at a magnificent seaside fish tavern and enjoy a delicious lunch.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from your location of choice within Athens Visits to two wineries for tours and tastings Local delicacies during the tasting Lunch in a seaside fish tavern An experienced sommelier as your guide throughout the tour All admissions and tasting fees A small bottle of mineral water
- Please confirm your pickup location 24 hours prior to tour departure
- All participants must be able to prove they are 18 years or older to consume alcohol at wineries
- Travelers may want to have their own insurance policy in case of tour delays, illness, or loss of property, which may result in failure to join or complete the tour.
- Smoking is not permitted in tour vehicles or inside winery buildings
- Drinks during lunch are an optional extra (own expense)
- Gratuities are optional and not included