My Guide Website?
Athens: Small-Group Food Walking Tour with Local Guide26 Reviews
Experience the essence of Athens through its culinary habits. Visit non-touristic areas and taste local traditional products, a delicious way to discover Athens.
- Savor the crunchy filo layered pie called ‘tiropita’ or other handmade pies
- Drink Greek coffee, eat loukoumades and taste koulouri
- Sample olives and extra virgin olive oil
- Taste cheeses and sliced meat drinking tsipouro
- Enjoy the most famous Greek street food, souvlaki
DescriptionEnjoy a unique food tour with a local guide in the unique center of Athens, a journey into a matchless world full of flavors and smells. Immerse yourself in the cultural and culinary culture of the Greeks. Follow your guide to places where tradition meets modernity, where local delicacies and flavors will take you to a transcendent world of sensations. Taste tiropita or one of a variety of handmade pies in one of the oldest pie baking shops in the center of Athens. A sip of a Greek coffee will introduce you to one of the most beloved, daily habits of the Greeks, accompanied by a loukouma, a fried doughnut ball with honey and cinnamon. And all this in the nostalgic atmosphere of an old traditional café. You will try a sesame bagel, called koulouri, from a street vendor in the historic city center. Be acquainted with meats and cheeses, traditional local products from various parts of Greece which are perfectly combined with a glass of tsipouro. Visit one of the oldest shops in the market of Athens where you will taste olives and extra virgin olive oil, which is rightly called the gold of the Greek land. Wander through the city's central market among all kinds of spices, fresh and dried fruits and nuts and enter the “Varvakeios agora” which is the central meat and fish market. End your food journey with the famous souvlaki, a “must eat” for everyone visiting Greece!
IncludesEnglish speaking food expert guide
- The maximum number of guests the tour is eight
- Please advise in advance if vegetarian options are required. The tour is vegetarian-friendly as vegetarians have options in every spot. However, there are limited choices for other dietary restrictions such as gluten-free or dairy-free. Severe allergies cannot, unfortunately, be catered for on this tour.
- Please note that some of the markets and vendors close after lunchtime so we visit in the morning
- The walking pace is moderate with plenty of stops and opportunities to sit
- Please note that there will be plenty of food on the tour so you only need to eat a light breakfast
- In an effort to ensure that you will avoid any kind of discomfort and most importantly that you will feel comfortable, our guides may change order of the sites you may visit.