My Guide Website?
Athens: Street Food Tour with 7 Tastings63 Reviews
Experience the essence of Athens through its culinary habits. Visit non-touristic areas and taste local traditional products, a delicious way to discover Athens.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Feel an explosion of flavors as you immerse yourself in Greek culinary culture
- Savor the crunchy filo layered pie called ‘tiropita’ or other handmade pies
- Drink Greek coffee, eat loukoumades, and taste circular koulouri bread
- Taste cheese and sliced meat while drinking a distilled spirit called tsipouro
- Enjoy the popular Greek street food of souvlaki, skewers of marinated meat
DescriptionEnjoy a unique food tour with a local guide in the unique center of Athens, a journey into a matchless world full of flavors and smells. Immerse yourself in the cultural and culinary culture of the Greeks. Follow your guide to places where tradition meets modernity, where local delicacies and flavors will take you to a transcendent world of sensations. Taste tiropita or one of a variety of handmade pies in one of the oldest pie baking shops in the center of Athens. A sip of a Greek coffee will introduce you to one of the most beloved, daily habits of the Greeks, accompanied by a loukouma, a fried doughnut ball with honey and cinnamon. And all this in the nostalgic atmosphere of an old traditional café. You will try a sesame bagel, called koulouri, from a street vendor in the historic city center. Be acquainted with meats and cheeses, traditional local products from various parts of Greece which are perfectly combined with a glass of tsipouro. Visit one of the oldest shops in the market of Athens where you will taste olives and extra virgin olive oil, which is rightly called the gold of the Greek land. Wander through the city's central market among all kinds of spices, fresh and dried fruits and nuts and enter the “Varvakeios agora” which is the central meat and fish market. End your food journey with the famous souvlaki, a “must eat” for everyone visiting Greece!
IncludesLocal food expert guide 7 food stops
- There are vegetarian options at every spot. However, there are limited choices for other dietary restrictions such as gluten-free and dairy-free. Severe allergies cannot be catered for on this tour The walking pace is moderate with plenty of stops and opportunities to sit The amount of food consumed during the tour is almost equal to a proper meal The guides may change the order of the places you may visit