Athens: Sunset Trip to Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon364 Reviews
Enjoy an evening trip to the astonishing Temple of Poseidon on Cape Sounion, and watch the magical sunset over the Aegean Sea. Learn about the Athens Riviera and immerse yourself in local Athenian life.
- Visit the Temple of Poseidon arising from the edge of Cape Sounion
- See the impressive panoramic view from the southeastern peak of Sounion
- Experience the breathtaking sunset over the Aegean Sea
- Feel the rhythm of Athens by night on the way back through the Athens Riviera
DescriptionDepart Athens by bus from Halandri Metro station and reach Cape Sounion in time for the mesmerising sunset. Famously mentioned by Homer in his epic poem, The Odyssey, learn about Sounion’s past and present from your archaeologist guide. Walk around the magnificent Temple of Poseidon, one of the most important temples in Greece. Discover the signatures on the temple marble left by famous authors who visited the Cape of Sounion, including the Romantic poet Lord Byron. Watch the sunset over the clear waters of the Aegean Sea. After this unique experience, discover the Athens Riviera. Stroll along the promenade past waterfront cafes and see where Athenians come to escape the city.
IncludesRound-trip transfer from Athens Transportation by luxury air-conditioned bus English-speaking archaeologist guide Wi-Fi on the bus Basic travel insurance Entrance fee to the archaeological site of Sounion (€10) Personal expenses Guided tour of archaeological sites
- Entrance to the archaeological site is free for youths up to 18 years old and students inside the European Union
- Reduced entrance (50% off) is valid for European Union citizens aged over 65 and students of higher education institutes outside the European Union.
- In the winter season (1 November to 31 March) the general entrance fee to the archaeological site is €5
- Make sure to arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to tour departure
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability