My Guide Website?
Athens: Wine Tasting Experience with Guide37 Reviews
Enjoy a small semi-private wine tasting with a virtual tour and learn how to recognize high-quality wines. Hear the myths and history behind ancient Greek food and wine culture.
- Try a selection of 5 different wines (2 red and 3 white)
- Learn how to evaluate and recognise a quality wine
- Get a better perception about Greek wines from an informative and professional wine expert
DescriptionEnjoy a tasting session that includes an introduction to Greek wines, the wine regions, descriptions of 5 basic Greek wines tasted with their particularities, tales about Dionysus the God of wine and fertility, and an introduction to the art of wine tasting evaluation. For this social yet educated wine tasting, join a small group, usually with eight to ten wine-lovers adventurers on board. Taste outstanding wines and distinct flavours and learn all about wine, ancient Greek wine culture, and the unique varieties of the country. In a wine activity right under Acropolis, you can join a virtual tour about the Attica vineyards, the grapes, and wine making process of ancient Greece. Meet your guide, a knowledgeable and friendly certified wine expert who will take you through a variety of themes to build up your wine knowledge. Be taken through ancient times, the wine regions of Greece, and the style of wine they make. Learn about great Greek wines and Greek food. Receive generous servings of both wine and food and you will have the opportunity to taste the flavours of Greece.
Includes5 different Greek wines A selection of local cheese, cold cuts, olives and home made breadsticks 5 star quality service Bottled water A list of the wines and cheat sheet to keep notes
- Please make known any specific dietary restrictions or requirements at time of booking
- You must be at least 18 years old with a valid photo ID or passport to participate in the wine tastings