Cape Sounion Sunset Tour from Athens32 Reviews
Watch the sunset at Cape Sounion on a 4-hour evening tour from Athens. Drive through the elegant suburbs of the Greek Riviera, and enjoy breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea. Relax with a glass of wine, and visit the Temple of Poseidon.
- Watch the sunset at Cape Sounion
- Drive through the Greek Riviera's elegant boroughs
- Go to the Temple of Poseidon on the Attica Peninsula
- Relax with a glass of wine
- Enjoy breathtaking panoramas of the Aegean Sea
- Learn about Cape Sounion's important role in Greek mythology
DescriptionEscape the hustle and bustle of Athens for the evening, and watch the sunset over Cape Sounion on the Attica Peninsula. Drive along the Athens Riviera, enjoying splendid views of the Saronic Gulf along the way. Pass through some of the most salubrious neighborhoods of the city, and marvel at the Hellinikon Olympic complex, along with settlements such as Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza. Upon arrival at Cape Sounion, visit the 5th century BC Temple of Poseidon, and get a panoramic view of the Aegean Sea. On a clear day you can see at least 7 islands. Learn about Cape Sounion's important role in Greek mythology and history. The first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, and it was the last landing port for ships returning from Poseidon. Learn more about the Greek God of the Sea at the Poseidon Temple at Cape Sounion, where you can watch the sun go down.
IncludesHotel pickup Guide Entrance fees Glass of wine Tips and gratuities
- Pickup is available from the majority of hotels in Athens and takes place approximately 1 hour before the tour departure time. Alternatively, you can meet at the tour supplier's office 15 minutes before the tour departure time
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability