My Guide Website?
Delphi and Meteora: 3-Day Tour from Athens
Discover some of Greece's most emblematic and historic sights on a 3-day tour departing from Athens to Delphi and Kalabaka. See the monumental Temple of Apollo and Meteora's extraordinary rock-tower monasteries, amongst other ancient and medieval icons.
- Explore the archaeological sites of Delphi around the Temple of Apollo
- Wash your hair as the ancient Greeks did at Castalia Spring
- Visit the incredible Meteora and its unique Byzantine monasteries
- See the heroic monument of King Leonidas at Thermopylae
DescriptionFrom the classic Temple of Apollo to the towering rock monasteries of Meteora, explore the iconic sights of Greece on an enthralling 3-day tour from Athens. Day 1: Venture through Thebes, Levadia, and Arachova, arriving at Delphi around noon. Once considered the center of the earth and the universe, this ancient city played a central role in the classical Greek world, home to the Temple of Apollo, where the Delphic Oracle was situated. Tour spectacular works of craftsmanship from the era at the Museum of Delphi, including the unique bronze Charioteer, the Naxian Sphinx, and the Statue of Antinoos. After perusing the extensive archaeological treasures on display, enjoy a free evening to discover the modern town on your own terms before settling in for the night. Day 2: Leave Delphi for a journey through Central Greece, including a short stop in the historic city of Lamia, before crossing the Thessalian plain to Kalabaka; a small town built at the foot of the majestic Meteora, crowned by the extraordinary monasteries that bare its name, providing for one of the country's most unique attractions. Spend the night in Kalabaka, considered to be one of the most beautiful places in all of Greece. Day 3: Ascend Meteora to tour 2 of the incredible cliff-top Byzantine monasteries. Marvel at the fantastic views over Kalabaka and beyond from atop of these sandstone towers, which for centuries provided totally inaccessible retreats for the residing monks. On return to Athens, stop briefly in Thermopylae to see the heroic monument of Leonidas, King of Sparta, then arrive back at the capital in the late afternoon.
IncludesOvernight stays in 3 star or 4 star hotels (depending on your choice) Breakfast and dinner in the hotels Transport in a luxury, air-conditioned bus Admission to sites on itinerary Pick-up and drop off service from selected hotels Lunches Personal expenses and optional gratuities Hotel tax
- Pick-up is available from the majority of hotels in Athens and takes place approximately 1 hour before the tour departure time
- Alternatively, you can meet at the tour supplier's office 15 minutes before departure
- Appropriate clothing is required to enter the monasteries. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must wear long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts
- Please note that a hotel accommodation tax will be applied. The tax will be paid directly to the hotel and the cost is as follows: 5 star hotels - €4 per room/per night, 4 star hotels - €3 per room/per night, 3 star hotels - €1.50 per room/per night
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now