Delphi Guided Day Trip from Athens1147 Reviews
Take a trip to the center of the Ancient Greek universe on a full-day tour of Delphi. Site of the oracle, and heart of the classical Greek world, explore the hilltop museum and ruins, famous for its amphitheater, and Temple of Apollo.
- Visit the sacred center of the ancient Greek world at Delphi
- Explore the ruins of the famous theater and the Apollo temple
- Visit, exclusively, the magnificent Athena Pronaia Sanctuary
- Discover the many treasures of Delphi Museum
- Pass by the village of Arachova for a short photo stop
DescriptionExplore the most famous sights of ancient Greece on this day trip to magical Delphi, where the oracle once fore. Departing from Athens, travel to Delphi, located on the spur of Mount Parnassus, making a short rest stop outside the town of Levadia. Arrive in Delphi, and visit the famous theatre, where you will enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding mountains, and get an insight into the world of the Ancient Greeks. Visit the Temple of Apollo, the center of Ancient Greece, and best-known for its famous oracle. Tour the Museum of Delphi, home to a unique bronze Charioteer, the Naxian Sphinx, and the Statue of Antinoos, providing an amazing insight into Ancient Greek culture and history. After a lunch break, visit Athena Pronaia Sanctuary, the most photographed spot in Delphi. Then, head back to Athens via the beautiful mountain village of Arachova, situated on the hills of the Parnassus Mountains, where the tour will stop for a short photo opportunity.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned buses Free WiFi on the bus Guide Entrance fee to Delphi archaeological site and Delphi museum Lunch (if option selected) Drinks Gratuities (optional)
- • Please note, this tour may be conducted by a bilingual guide on some occasions • For day trips, loose fitted clothing are strongly recommended
- During the winter season (November 1 to March 31), the visit to Athena Pronaia Sanctuary will not take place due to the limited opening hours of the exhibition areas
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability