Flavors of Athens Private Food Tour
Enjoy the tastes, sights and smells of a Greek private food tour in Athens. Tantalize your taste buds and gain insights into Greek gastronomy with this delicious Athens food walking tour.
- Enjoy a private walking tour of the city’s most authentic neighborhoods
- Discover unique specialty food stores and visit the central food market
- Learn all about historic and contemporary Greek gastronomical culture
- Sample a rich selection of sweet and savory local delicacies
DescriptionLearn all about the tastes Athenians cherish and indulge in a bountiful assortment of appetizing sweet and savory local delicacies and drinks with your foodie guide. Discover small shops, explore the city’s central food market and find out for yourself what the Greek food culture is really like. For the average resident of Athens food is much more than simple sustenance. It is a hobby, a topic of conversation, an endless passion. During your food tour you will get to taste the treats Athenians enjoy as part of their daily routine as well as gain insights into the development of Greek cooking methods, recipes and culinary traditions. Indulge in mouth-watering sweet and savory delicacies, enough to replace lunch, such as traditional pies, Greek souvlaki, loukoumades and cold cuts. Enjoy a famous Greek coffee, as well as authentic spirits that are closely interwoven with the Greek lifestyle. Visit dedicated artisans that have perfected their recipes over the decades, as well as specialized food stores sourcing the best products from all over Greece. A culinary tour in Athens would not be complete without a visit to the city’s vibrant central food market where local vendors exhibit their produce from across the country. With this sensory tour you will discover all of the above with your friendly and knowledgeable foodie guide. Furthermore, you will be assisted in buying whatever tasty souvenirs you may want to take back home.
Includes4-hour private walking experience Sampling of local beverages and delicacies Private services of a foodie guide All taxes Personal expenses Entrance to any archeological sites
- • Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes. Don’t forget to bring a bottle of water and lots of energy. • Prices vary according to group size
- Should you want to change your private itinerary, please contact the supplier
- Please note that on Sundays and on public holidays, some elements of the tour might be unavailable (i.e. the central food market)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability