From Athens: 3-Days Meteora Rail Tour2 Reviews
Join this 3-day/ 2-night rail tour from Athens to Meteora to discover the beauty and the history of a unique geological phenomenon and the Byzantine Monasteries listed as UNESCO World Heritage monuments.
- Enjoy captivating views of an out of this world landscape
- Engage in memorable activities
- Join two top rated tours and activities
DescriptionDay 1 Trains are the most spacious and comfortable way of travel in Greece. Catch the morning train to Kalambaka from Athens Larissa railway station, and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the Greek countryside. Upon your arrival in Kalambaka your English-speaking driver will be waiting for you at the train station holding a signboard with your name on it to transfer you to your hotel. Late in the afternoon, a VIP minibus will pick you up from the hotel to join the Meteora Sunset Tour to admire breathtaking views of Meteora and to discover the hidden gems of this place. Day 2 For the next morning, have the chance to choose the activity you wish: the Half-Day Morning Tour of Meteora to see the main attractions, the monasteries of Meteora with a VIP minibus or the Hiking Tour of Meteora to walk among the rock giants. Visit 2 monasteries of Meteora, the secluded hermit caves of Badovas and enjoy the best panoramic viewpoints of the 6 monasteries. After this morning tour, the bus will drop you back to your hotel. The evening is free for you to explore the area on your own. Day 3 The morning is free. In the evening, a taxi transfer will be arranged for you from your hotel to the local train station at Kalambaka. At 5:15 PM, the train departs from Kalambaka and arrives at 9:25 PM to Athens.
Includes2-nights stay at a three-star hotel with breakfast Join the Meteora Sunset Tour Choose between the Meteora Hiking Tour or the Meteora Half-Day Tour Train tickets with return from Athens to Meteora Pick-up and drop-off from Kalampaka train station to your hotel and back English-speaking tour leader on the tours Free map and bottle of water provided on the tours Free Wi-Fi on-board the tour bus English, French, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and Russian guides on request Entrance fees Food and drinks, unless specified Gratuities (optional)
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- You will board the train from Athens on your own, using the tickets sent to you via email
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability