My Guide Website?
From Athens: 4-Day Tour of Classical Greece2 Reviews
Escape the modern world and take a 4-day tour of the essential sites of classical Greece: Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nafplion, Olympia, and Delphi. You'll visit famous archaeological sites and museums, and experience the glory and wealth of Ancient Greece.
- See the Corinth Canal that separates central Greece from the Peloponnese
- Admire the Epidaurus Theater, the masterpiece of acoustics
- Visit Nafplion, the first capital of modern Greece
- Visit Mycenae, King Agamemnon's hometown and Ancient Greece's dominant military stronghold
- Explore Olympia, home of the Olympic Games
- Discover Delphi with its famous Oracle of Apollo
DescriptionEscape the modern world and take a 4-day tour of the essential sites of classical Greece. You’ll visit famous archaeological sites and museums, and experience the glory and wealth of ancient Greece. Travel along the Corinth Canal, and see the ancient theater at Epidaurus. Then wander around Nafplion and visit the Nafplion Gallery with its paintings dedicated to the Greek Revolution of 1821. At Mycenae visit the archaeological site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. At Olympia visit the birthplace of the Olympic Games. See the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Hera, the altar of the Olympic Flame, the Olympic Stadium, and the Archaeological Museum of Olympia. Finally visit the archaeological site and the museum of Delphi. Day 1: Depart from the Corinth Canal. Drive to Epidaurus and visit the ancient theater. Proceed to Nafplion. The afternoon is free for you to walk around the old town, or visit the new Nafplion Gallery. Overnight at Nafplion. Day 2: Depart around 12:30 through the plain of Argos to Mycenae. Visit the archaeological site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. In the afternoon depart for Olympia, through the cities of Tripolis and Megalopolis (short stop). Overnight stay in Olympia. Day 3: Visit the archaeological site of Olympia. Drive via Patras to Rion, cross the channel to Antirion on the new state-of-the-art suspended bridge (short stop at the bridge). Pass by the city of Nafpaktos and from there on, along the coastal road to Delphi. In the afternoon visit the picturesque mountain village of Arachova. Overnight stay in Delphi. Day 4: Visit the archaeological site and the museum of Delphi. Depart for Athens later in the afternoon.
IncludesOvernight in 3-star or 4-star hotel on half-board basis (breakfast and dinner) Professional guide Transfer with luxury air-conditioned, non-smoking bus Entrance tickets to museums and archaeological sites Pick-up and drop off service from selected hotels
- Please note that as of 1st January 2018, a hotel accommodation tax will be applied. The tax will be paid directly to the hotel and the cost is as follows: 5 star hotels - €4 per room/per night, 4 star hotels - €3 per room/per night, 3 star hotels - €1.50 per room/per night
- Pick-up is available from the majority of hotels in Athens and takes place approximately 1 hour before the tour departure time
- Alternatively, you can meet at the tour operator's office 15 minutes before the departure