My Guide Website?
From Athens: Ancient Corinth Private Day Trip with Transfer
Immerse yourself in Greek history with a tour of the ancient site of Corinth and the Temple of Apollo. Depart from Athens or Piraeus and discover the remnants of this wealthy city-state from the past.
- • Visit Ancient Corinth.
- • Visit the Corinth Canal.
- • It is were Saint Paul visited, gave his speeches and wrote the letters.
DescriptionThe ancient city-state of Corinth was located on the narrow strip of land connecting the Peloponnese to mainland Greece, known as the Isthmus of Corinth. In ancient times, the city grew wealthy due to this strategic location and its control of the transportation of ships from the Corinthian to the Saronic gulf and vice versa. It became one of the most important trade powers in ancient Greece and had an extensive network of colonies. It was also the location of countless ancient myths, like the myth of Sisyphus and there were games like the Olympics held in the devotional area of Isthmia. Although the city was destroyed by earthquakes, you can still see the extensive ruins that testify to Corinth’s great prosperity, including the marble columns of the Temple of Apollo. It is also one of the places that Saint Paul visited and wrote letters to. As we cross the Isthmus we will stop to see the great feat of engineering that finally opened up the route between the Gulf of Corinth and the Saronic gulf - the Corinth Canal. It was finished in 1893, even though the idea already existed at least as far back as 602 BC!
IncludesTransportation from and to your central hotel in Athens or Piraeus Transportation from and to the cruise terminal of Piraeus port Everything that involves the vehicle
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- All prices are for one vehicle for 1-7 passengers
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain, other wise the driver will do the best so you can see most of the sites
- departure time is up to you between 08:00am - 10:00am
- time needed 4.5-6 hours
- Professional guide in the site (if wanted) is NOT included.
- Our drivers are polite, friendly and professional. Their first priority is your satisfaction and safety. All drivers on on tours know English, will help you and give you tips. The cars are well maintained and clean, all of them have free wifi. If needed we can also provide babychairs, wheelchairs and most phone chargers.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€415.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today